Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Cider
48 Posts
Try KC'c Bar on the CSM road just off the Baga main road...its run by a Scottish couple, you may get it there.
Cheers
Ice & Spice in Candolim sell Strongbow by the can.

Also a few European lagers
:D hiya i wouldnt try the one from kc,s i did and all it is is a mixture of different juices it tastes crap!! thats what i missed out there a nice cold glass of cider, :D
Doubt there will be much chance of a Magners !! Mind you a cold Kingfisher does the same job when your lying on your sunbed watching the dolphins swim past - happy, happy days :glynis
There is a stall in the middle of the flea market in Anjuna, I have seen cans of cider here as well as cans of kronenburg lager.
Good News for all you Cider Drinkers........bottles are now available in Goa. It's a brand called Tempest and costs about RS120/- for 330ml in most bars. I tried one on Friday in Molly Malones (New Irish Bar), it's not too bad but they didn't have any blackcurrant to go with it!!
Happy Drinkin', Goldenflipflop
Regarding "goldenflipflops" last post..."Good news for cider drinkers".....bad news for Goa i say !!!!!!!
Why, ho why, ho why,is Goa becoming another Benidorm,-English and Irish bars springing up at the start of every new season with English prices (RS130/- for 330 ml of cider....ridiculous)...Goa doesn't want or need them.Thats why people keep going back,because Goa is in India and not Europe .:rage
:D oh come on im not a big drinker but id rather have a nice cold cider than all that horrible lager anyday!! i drank that and its so heavy ciders a lot more refreshing just coz a place sells cider dosent mean irts going to turn into another crappy benidorm!! :shock: because a place sells cider will not stop us or a lot of others going back to goa :D
Hi Maggie om...i think you missed my point.......its the "problem" of "English bars" popping up all over the place which bothers me..... :shrug
I take your point Noggin, and actually agree to a point, but Goa must want and need them or else they wouldn't stay in business.
Tempest cider 8%, First brewed in goa 2000, 80 rupees for bottle. Found a watering hole at the dolphin, south calangute - just further down than goldeneye restaurant. Rather good!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
Hi Noggin,
The Irish Bar in question is actually run by a local guy, he sells his products at pretty much the same as all the British Run Bars. He's been running bars and shacks in calangute for the past 10 years so knows what (most) of the European tourists want.
Everything has gone up in price here in Goa, some places are now selling Kings at RS35/-, I was speaking to a local restaurant owner recently and he tells me that even fruit and veg has increased in price.
Despite all this Goa is still fantastic and a safe friendly place to spend the winter, and the prices are still cheaper than any of the Costa's
has anyone found magners cider in goa yet?
Oh I wish they had, I discoverd Magners or Bulmers as its known in Ireland a few years ago. Its nothing like the taste of woodpecker or strongbow. Its a really refreshing apple flavour. Best poured over ice.
just got back from goa and they are now selling bottled cider. some guy in our hotel told the bar man about it and the next day he had crates of it behind the bar, so must be easy to get hold of.
andy
I'm with Noggin on this one, slowly but surely what was so magic about Goa is being lost If you had told me ten years ago that there would be a "Maggie Malones Irish pub in Goa I would have thought you had been on the funny smokes. Somebody says that it's what people want so I guess we'll get more and more of the "costaisation" of Goa It's certainly what a lot of the new people going to Goa want, they've heard and read about Goa and think it's gong to be like Benidorm, well in a few years time it will. I have'nt been visiting Goa and India for many years to sample European Lager. cider, and full English breakfasts wth Heinz beans et. I can get that in any of the Med sunspots that have been corrupted, Ive visited Goa for its people, its culture and a hundred other things which dont include all the dubious delights to be found in the likes of Benidorn Faliraki etc I' not advocating keeping the new type tourists away but do we have to corrupt Goa like the Med has been, just to make them feel at home??There must be more to travelling all the way to India than European themed pubs and cider Alan
Hi Gramps, well the good thing about this board is we can all have an opinion, and we dont all have to agree. :)

Personally I cant see the difference between drinking a cold bottle of cider sat on the beach or a cold bottle of kings. I dont think that importing spirits does any harm. Lets face it India consumes far more soft drinks like coke etc than the USA and its certainly not turned into America yet :wink: Its nice to have a choice.

Cheers :D
hi andy taz which hotel were you staying at if you dont mind me asking
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.