Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Cider
48 Posts
hi everyone

having read the information above and i think just about every other discussion in the forum to try and gather some information on Gao, I am now nervous solely due to the information in this forum and one other.

I am hoping to visit it for the 1st time and the last thing I was is somewhere similar to Benidorm is any shape or form. Is it still worth visiting Goa for someone like myself who wants nice beaches a quiet holiday with nice meals and not to spend the world although still somewhere to have a few drinks. I have been in Greece, although not any of the big resorts, and the caribean.

Soo much of what I have read is really positive, I only wish from what is written here I had discovered it years ago, although since I am still young would have been difficult.

A big thanks to folk on here this is by far the best forum on Goa I have found on the net. Thanks in advance

Iain
hi iainkane, when you arrive in Goa you will not be disappointed, benidorm it is not, but being in Goa is like paradise and we dont want it to change. As Goa gets more popular so all the more tourist come, and with that change, we ourselves are spoiling it but thats progression for you. Goa is not Benidorm by a long way, but ive only been going for the last 3&1/2 years
Tempest is disgusting, do not even try it :(
No chance of a Magners on Ice in Goa yet then!!
I will just have to do with Breezers on the beach instead!
4 weeks on thirs and we be there, getting closer now...........:hyper .
oh well if theres no magners then i'll just have to meake do with KF on the beach 3 weeks on Sunday roll on
Does anyone know if anywhere sells cider. my wife only drinks cider and vodka (not together) so she is a bit limited. Last time she drank breezers most of the time but did not enjoy them too much

thanks

bob
Hi you can get cider in most of the bars, it's called Tempest and is quite strong about 8%, it doesn't taste strong, but gives you a kick in the head, it's a bit more expensive than beer about 95 rupees a bottle.

Debs
for anyone out there already. any sign of magners????
In a word....NO

Tempest is still the only one available

GFF xx
thanks GFF

i can drink anything but my wife will have to make do with tempest

bob
We tried the TEMPEST when we were there in March - Yuk!
It really is not nice, I couldn't drink it. The red wine - Vin ballet is fine tho if your not too picky. I would have a few bacardi breezers in the afternoon and then go on to the red wine in the evenings. Some places asked if you wanted the red wine chilled, very strange experience! Wish we were going this season - were having a break and trying malaysia for a change.
:shock: Don't imagine Goa will have Magners for a few seasons yet - they still dont sell it in our local tesco! :x
i don't suppose i could get away with a few in my hand luggage either. looks like she will be on breezers again as she doesn't like wine either, strange woman doesn't like wine or lager!!
:D i had tempest cider in Goa last year , do we stiil have it
Hi all! I'm also thinking of going to the same resort with Lou10 and my partner and was wondering what the Strongbow/ Cider situation is? :lol:

I do normally drink wine, but during the day I am quite partial to an ice cold strongbow!!

Thanks in advance......... :D
last xmas when we were in goa could get a local cider, not bad after a few, didn,t see any strongbow though. youll have to take your own from the man and syth. andy
The cider they sell in Goa is called Tempest you can buy it in most bars and restaurants. Personally I don't think it tastes of much but it's supposed to be about 8% proof, seen a few people blathered on it. Never seen Strongbow or any other English cider.

Debs
We tried everywhere but no joy only tempest. A bar on csm road said they do home made cider so we ordered some. Saw them making it and all they did was mix white wine with apple juice it was drinkable but definately not cider
Hopefully next year magners will make an appearance (please god)
"last xmas when we were in goa could get a local cider, not bad after a few, didn,t see any strongbow though. youll have to take your own from the man and syth. andy"

HA HA Andy!.........................

The mighty Pheasant Plucker!! Now there could be some very messy people in the Beach Shacks if that was available!!! :yikes :glynis
Before we went to Goa earlier this year I read somewhere (can't remember if it was on HT) about a palce that sells homemade cider... Can anyone tell me anymore??

L
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.