Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
greetings wee john here , arriving in calangute for the first experience of Goa on 30 jan.
just read this thread and it has whetted my appetite for the place . I reckon me and she who most be obeyed will enjoy it and wil post a comment upon our return .as newbies .
we have been Turkey ites for many years and are keen to have something completely different as the saying goes .interesting comment about the "professional beggars" nice to be forewarned
watch this space .wee-john from hamiltom
Too many favourites to mention them all but one year our flight arrived afternoon and we were straight from dumping the bags in the hotel down to the beach about four just sat in the shack having a Kingfisher watching the beach life pass you by.

Not sure I have ever felt the stress of daily life back in England slip away so quickly.

Just felt a sense of complete calm.
I totally relate to that. :) (but compare it to Scotland!)
greetings wee john here with my comments on my first visit to goa .my first impression was total amazement at the traffic and standard (or lack of it ) of driving it was scary .
we stayed at the Nizmar hotel in Calangutte and the standard was very good ,the staff lovely especially one of the "CAPTAINS " called Lawrence .
the beaches were lovely and we were totally amazed with the shacks and the food they supplied .We regularly attended one called "The Only Place "on Baga beach run by a very nice guy called Angelo and his lovely wife Janet .and the big waiter chap called John .
One little funny occurance happened at Angelo's ,my better half went to visit the loo some 20 yards behind the shach and duly removed the padlock and went inside , did her needs but on trying to come out found her way blocked by a great big cow , we found it hilarious but she was not amused .
we stayed on the beach most days till sunset then made our way back to the hotel for the most amazing Indian food I've ever tasted .
so last comment ,I can't wait till next year when we will definitely be returning .
Thanks to Glynis for her welcoming comments to the forum
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.