Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
first part of the court proceedings is you have to write to the person you intend to sue explaining your intentions we did this so the letter would be recieved by the lead name the day before she went on holiday.they then have fourteen days to respond.Well much to our amazement on the very day my daughter should have been going on holiday (today) we received a visit from lead names mother looking very sheepish offering my daughter the money she had lost thanks to her daughter.I think they got quite a shock that we intended to carry out our threat of court action.I now have a happy daughter with a very shocked mother as i honestly thought we would have to go to court.I am still annoyed at the way it was handled by thomson and look forward to their reply or excuses to the letter i wrote.I sincerely hope that the two girls involved have a awful holiday as the lead names mother did not tell her that she was giving my daughter the money she lost and that when she comes back off holiday she is paying her mother back in full. Thanks to everyone that has shown an interest and offered some very helpful advice.I will let you know when i hear from thomson.
Well thats one successful bit. Well done!

Keep us informed.

Kath HT Admin
brodi, I am really very pleased that Ms Lead's mother has paid up. Well done for being persistent and sticking to your guns. It is easy for all of us to offer advice but it another thing to face the daunting prospect of completing court forms and even appearing before a court. So well done you. I hope that your daughter enjoys the holiday that she is now planning.
Brodi

Absolutely delighted for you.Justice has been done.Lead Name`s mother obviously realised you meant business and finally coughed up. Bet there are some red hot texts going on about now :D

Dont you just love it when a plan comes together!!!
:glynis well pleased for you brodi and for your daughter.

hope she has a great holiday with some new friends.. 8)
It so nice when things turn out they way they should and justice is done.
Its a shame when young people like the lead name and her friend are not taught the difference between right and wrong.

I hope your daughter has a lovely lovely holiday with true friends.
Welldone Brodi, it just goes to show its worth seeing things through, well almost ;)
Well done Brodi,hope your daughter has a fantastic holiday.
Great news! Your daughter has her money back, her old friend will not enjoy her holiday and, more importantly, your daughter will not waste any more of her energy on a friend such as her- she can move on to better things!
That's great news that the little madam has had her come uppance and will come back from holiday to be told by her mother that she'd better get paying it back! Quite often all it takes is a threat of action for people to cave in, and good for her too.

I still say I can't see that Thomson could have played this any differently to be honest, and after all they did send the part refund directly to your daughter and not to 'lead name', which they could've said they would have to do. Bear in mind that if there isn't a lead name who is the contact for the travel agent and therefore responsible for the booking then you can't reasonably expect the agent to send each person in a party a bill, or a copy of the full bill. Though they could quite easily have made some suggestions on what course of action your daughter could have taken. Good job you knew about this place eh?
This has just happened to my daughter and we don't know what to do. She has been asking sinc eMay 17 for her name to be removed off the holiday but her vile ex best friend won't do it. Thos Cook won't talk to her , my daughter as she isn't the lead name, and someone told us the small claims court wouldn't help us. She has asked, in writing, for the friend te cancel at least 3 times, and face to face one or twice. she would have got 50% back, then 30% and now nothing (since last Sunday) i went round to speak to mum but nobody in so I messaged mum , she has read it, and ignored it.

I think the laws on lead name etc need sorting out...we were told the girl could take someone in my daughter's place and it would be legal as she could just change the names!!!

Please help.....what do I do...do I get a county court judgement and how...never done this before.
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.