Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Sorry to hear your news about your dad.
http://www.natwest.com/content/personal/adgold/pdfs/AdGold_travel_insurance_policy.pdf
I had a quick look at the policy and on page 3 it says that if any immediate family has been a hospital inpatient or has been on the waiting list for hosptial treatment in the 12 months prior to booking the holiday, then you wont be covered. Is this the case? I havent' looked further yet
Was your father poorly when you booked the holiday and did you declare his illness to your insurance company?
No he wasn't ill when I booked it .hes not on the waiting list for hospital treatment either , the illness is an old condition that's come back , hope this helps
if you can't cancel why not see if you can postpone until later in the year? when hopefully your dad may be better.
I did and was told they scheduled flights so I couldn't change them booked with net flights
Its worth contacting your insurance but you will probably have to have a letter from your Dads doctor.
Sorry to hear that your Dad is ill.
the illness is an old condition that's come back

And that's where the problem may well lie. Although it may not have existed at the time of taking out the holiday, it probably wasn't declared for cancellation cover insurance, and being a recurrence of a past condition, may well have disqualified any insurance taken out. Sometimes life isn't fair.

May your dad make a swift and complete recovery.
Having read the policy wording, your travel insurance should cover this if he has not been a hospital inpatient or been put on a waiting list in the 12 months prior to you booking the journey.

It specifically states several times that any pre-existing conditions of the insured person are not covered unless they are declared, but it fails to state that you have to declare them for anyone on whom the travel depends, even if not travelling.

It's actually a very good policy in that respect for anyone with relatives who have PEMC's.

However you will have to get a medical declaration from your Dad's GP stating that it was necessary for you to cancel. The insurance company can give you the relevant form for the doctor to complete.
hope all goes well for you
Margaret(madmum) :tup
thank you all for ur kind words and taking the time to help me , i really appreciate it, :)
Keep us posted on how your claim goes and whether you have any problems.

I hope that your Dad's health improves.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.