Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Hi 8)

as far as formula milk is concerned, if you give the Milupa Aptamil advice team a ring on 08457 623 628, they will tell you if their product is available in Albufeira or if not what the equivalent is. Like you, when we were there last we were babyless, so took no notice, but if it's like some parts of Spain, then formula milk will be available in the Pharmacies. Our bubs will be 18 months when we're away next! but we took her to Ibiza when she was 4 months.
Personally, i would try to arrange a taxi with a car seat, as we found the driving to be a bit erratic!! Sorry don't know whether it's the law. Sorry I can't help more 8)
Hi, thank you for replying and I will give them a ring tomorrow, thank you for that info, its a worry trying to make sure the basics are available. we are looking forward to the trip and all the extra stuff we need to take (not).

I hope they stock it!! Enjoy your hols!
Hi, I didnt take any notice of baby formula but I know there were lots of Jars available. At 14 months will your baby be drinking a lot of formula. We went to Fuengirola a few years back and brought 3 tins of formula in our case with us. Babies can be very fussy about formula and may not take it if it is not their usual one. It may make life an awful lot easier for you to bung a few tins of formula in your case and maybe save strife later.
According to some websites on driving in Portugal it states children under 12 yrs must be seated in the rear. If riding in front passenger seat a belt must be worn or a baby seat used as appropiate. Whether this is law I dont know. Cheers Jayjan
thank you everyone for your replies. I have spoken to the baby formula people on the number above and there is a slightly different version of the aptamil formula available in portugal but it is different to the one she is on and wont be worth the risk of chancing it and trying it there but handy to know for emergencies. Also told me that Evian and possible vittel are best moneral water to boil as less than 20mg per litreof sodium. I already knew Spa water was safe, but i will add them to my list.
In relation to the car set question - we were not going to take our car seat and i didnt recall seeing any babbas in car seats in taxis around. We were only thinking of going to that massive shopping centre via taxi like we did when babyless 3 years ago and thought we might be okay if she was on our lap - if this is legal of course!!!

If any one is going soon - please have a look and see how kiddies are being transported in taxis for me!! Cheers.

EDIT to remove bold see terms and conditions
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.