General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
emailing hotels
8 Posts
E-mail is something of an ignored media. I use it a lot in business but often find people don't respond and have to be chased up with a phone call. Surprisingly I often find you get a better response via Fax, probably because a hard copy is produced that some one is aware of.

You would think that when an e-mail is solicited via a hotels website that it would be attended to - maybe they get so much junk that they don't recognise the genuine enquiries. I do generally find they respond from hotels in the Far East - but sometimes it can be a few days as in a recent enquiry to Shangri-La Rasa Ria
One of the best hotels we had for responding to emails was the Marriiott Riverside in Bangkok. This was a true pointer to the level of service that we got when we were there. Another hotel I have been impressed with is Cloisters in Prague. They have responded to both emails I have sent within 10 minutes. My parents are going there but I hope to get there sometime!
Im staying in Skiathos next week and had my e-mail replied to almost instantly. I was just checking out something i needed to know, also had one off them this week to say looking forward to us arriving and meeting us, very friendly indeed
Sally
That must reassure that you are going to be well looked after. I can't understand why other hotels can't spend a minute to reply to an email when they have published it in the first place.
I do travel to some far flung places and recognise that an email may not immediately be replied to because no- one working at that point will speak English but I do expect the email to be replied to eventually( after all they advertised on the internet in English!)
I can vouch for the Coma Gran in Sa Coma also.

They have replied to my emails twice and were particularly helpful when I was asking about organising a birthday cake for my son. They also said they were looking forward to seeing us.

It certainly does reassure you about the welcome and quality of stay.
I think what you're saying about the level of service is so true. After having my e-mail ignored, sending the same one twice over a 2 week period, I then sent it as an attachment to a snotty e-mail saying how rude this was. I also sent a copy of it to Iberostar head office and believe it or not I received a reply very quickly. But when we got there the hotel wasn't much cop anyway.
And since my original email I have just had to email one of the hotels yet again asking them to reply!( they did, by the way!)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.