Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Well that should stop some of them saying it's expensive!

We did not go there last year is it a good place?
Gene , I think you have been misled as the IGUANA Apartments which consists of 10 apartments are all owned by my cousins, my sister and my self and no one in the Antik Restaurant is my cousin nor my sister, to my knowledge:) So, you have definitely been given the wrong information.

Also, these apartments as well as the shops located in this building are governed by a board of directors. I am the head of this board so if there was a name change, I think I would know about it. So again, mis informed, no name change.

Antik Restaurant rent 5 of the Iguana Apartments yet what they can do with these apartments is uncertain due to conflicts between IcmelerOnline and Antik Restaurant.

If these apartments come off IcmelerOnline site, that means the apartments will be rented for long term, to offices or to locals in Icmeler. In this case, there will be no license to run these apartments as a holiday complex. In this case, we will be moving our office to Apartment number 22 as well, the corner one, so no one can suggest me that this complex can run for holiday makers when some of the apartments are being used as offices. Safety first.

Anyhow, at this moment, there is an uncertainity in the air and ICR will not take bookings for Iguana at the moment until conflicts are resolved. This will have to wait till late September until the older members of our family (my father and my uncle) gather for a meeting. We will go from there, until then, I suggest no one makes a booking for these apartments as I seriously don't think the Antik's professional management is capable enough to cope with the outcomes in the event where people who have booked end up with no where to go.

Regards,

Rami
ICR Travel Ltd.

The
Well the prices look alright to me, find out for myself out there on the 12 Sept.

TurkishDelight.
Hi Rami,
I do apologise if my information is wrong,so the website does not exsist and the Antik are not renting 5 apartments on contract from you for next season and will not be running them as holiday apartments?.

Gene
That is exactly correct Gene. The web site may exist just like millions of other web sites on the net, but the apartments will never run as a holiday complex independently from IcmelerOnline unless WE allow it. Antik Restaurant is allowed to rent these apartments to locals or as office or even on a long term basis (min. 6 months) to foreigners as it stands right now. Renting 5 apartments in a complex of 10 does not allow one to run a holiday complex without the consent of others, esspecially of the real property owners.

I think I have made issues and where we stand very clear on my last post. I will let all necesarry people know of the outcomes when the time comes. Understandably, I can not let anyone mislead the general public even if done unintentionally on properties or businesses that are owned or operated by my self, company or my family regardless of how many websites there may be trying to market them directly or by using friends or agents.

Cheers,

Rami
ICR Travel Ltd.
Sorry Rami, I was also led to believe that the Iguana had 5 apartments to be rented. I noticed that there were some for sale in the estate agents I think called Cartier opp and to the right of Chill bar.

We had hoped to book the Iguana for next year for 18 nights through IOL but were told this was not possible as they were under new management, that the pool was now under the Antik restaurant/apartments, for sole use only.

Sorry Rami, we must have been mislead. Are you taking bookings for 2006 for the Iguana and are we still able to use the pool at the Antik restaurant?
Many thanks and sorry for any misunderstanding. :oops:
Hi Janey,

No need to apologise, as stated before, we are not taking any bookings for the Iguana Apartments at this moment until all conflicts are dealt with. There is a possibility that the issues may not be resolved for couple years to come. I know why some of you were misinformed and I have no doubt about who the resource of your information is, which of all will be dealt with in the most appropriate manner when the time comes.

Thank you,

Rami
ICR Travel Ltd.
hi rami i have just resd your post sorry you have problems so are the bookings that are already made to the iguana still ok or do we have to re book as you know we are booked for the 2 bed apartment in october and i know a lot of other people are julie
Hello Julie,

There are certainly no problems with 2005 bookings. Everything will proceed as planned.

Best Wishes,

Rami
ICR Travel Ltd.
icmeleronline.com
This sounds serious and complicated :?
Just a little update on these superb apartments.

The 10 Iguana Apartments situated in the newly named "Akram Centre"
have been run by http://www.icmeleronline.com for the last couple of years.
5 apartments are retained by icmeleronline but I dont think they are being run has holiday apartments for this year.

But 5 apartments have been leased and are named the Antik Apartments and are avaliable for this year.
Rooms 15 and 16 sleep 6 people and rooms 20,23 and I think 25 sleep 4 people.

As everyone knows these were some of the best apartments in the centre of Icmeler and I think some of the best fitted out.
The Apartments have the use of the Antik pool,bar and restaurent.
Having some great reviews see under hotel listings.

Gene
And just a correction to Gene's last post about reviews and also a further update.

The complex is called the Akman centre and is owned by a board of directors with my partner Rami as the head of the board.

Our office is now upstairs in one of the 2 bedroom apartments namely room 22 which has beed "ripped out" and completely refurbished to enable it to be a fully working office.

Ali our transfer manager is in another of the apartments namely room 17 which has also been refurbished and completely renovated so all car rentals, excursions and transfers will be run from this office.

Two of the one bedroom apartments have also been rented out on a long term basis.

Also there are no reviews on HT anymore of the Iguana as they were removed when Iguana was closed down by us.

John
Thanks for the correction John on the name "Akman Centre"and informing us on the reviews being deleted.

But as I say these 5 apartments are avaliable for this coming season.

Gene
thank god we didnt book with these direct when we were there in october. we were impressed with the rooms and was told that iol no longer had rights to these apartments as they were charging people extras.this was told to us by the cousin.he wanted us to pay more than 50%of the deposit there and then.we had taken a turkish friend with us to veiw them and he told us that the deposit was to high ,,im glad we took his advice ,this all seems confussing as they seemed so nice,even sent us a xmas card :lol: we have now got chance of a villa in icmeler or a free 5 bed house in marmaris,so flights are booked and we/ll just turn up and see ..il stick with people i can 100% trust i think
OK, for a while I did not want to comment too much about the situation of Iguana Apartments. (now a days named antik apartments, once up on a time Ridvan Apartments etc...) My family including my self own the property here and in no way would I want my name involved in such contradictions let alone our company IcmelerOnline which we worked sooooo hard to bring it to a respectable, trust worthy and reputable state for so long and after such hard hard work.

Here is the deal. Those who want to stay in these 5 apartments rented of my uncle by his son in law are welcome to deal with who ever they please cause I don't know who is in charge. Legally, there may not be an apartment complex nor its services in place in this complex under such circumstances but in turkey everything does not have to be legal or ethic is what I am finding out.
Iguana Apartments weren't only nice and luxurious, the service was also on the spot and the honesty, loyalty and the hospitality by the staff including prompt solutions to problems by our company who ran it was also one of a kind. This is what the Iguana Apartments were about. These Apartments will maybe one day called the Iguana again but not now, not this year. If I trusted the management, I would have let them use the name. (why not?)

Iguana is finished for now. Icmeler Online office along with other offices are in place in this complex and the rest of the apartments owned by myself are being either let out for long term or for sale. The complex is called the Akman Centre which is our last name and we are not tenants here. Antik Restaurant and their so called antik apartments exist on a rental term. I plead from everyone not to mix the apples with the oranges.
Things may change in the long run and that is why we do not want Iguana name associated with any of these incidents because we happen to be the creator of such apartments, its brand and service. Any negative events taking place in this complex has got or will not have nothing to do with my family or our company.

Thank you.

Rami
IcmelerOnline.com
Thank you for clarifying that Rami and I don't blame you for wanting to keep the good name of Iguana "special".

Best wishes for this season.

Catherine x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.