Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
weatherwise I would go for Krabi or Khao Lak. Khao Lak took the greatest hit from the tsunami but a number of the hotels are coming back online and would benefit from the custom.

Personally I prefer to prebook my accommodation...although it is possible to just turn up and get a deal...most of the airports have accommodation reservation desks. I have known people who've ended up paying more by just turning up.
Hi Sunbear. Many thanks for your message. Any tips on which company to use for flights, where to fly to and accommodation hints in Kao Lak? I could email the hotel. Thanks everso much!
Val- are you going directly there or stopping off at Bangkok first?
To get to Khao Lak you would fly into Phuket via Bangkok. Khao Lak is about an hour from Phuket airport and your hotel would be able to arrange a transfer for you. If you are thinking of Khao Lak you will need to do some research as to just what the damage is in the hotel area you are thinking of visiting.

A search on google will produce any number of accommodation agencies with details of hotels. I have used asiatravel.com on a previous trip to Khao Lak.

Airline wise you have a wide choice, Thai International, Eva, BA Quantas many middle eastern airlines do flights via the Gulf if you want to break the flight up. Most people enjoy a few days in Bangkok...even those who initially are quite anti the place.
Although its been two years since we've been to the Far East we have always used a compamy called Colours of Asia, who I couldnt really fault,
not been to khao lak but heard it was an amazing place before it was hit, not heard much since. i was in krabi in nov and the weather is the same as in jan, i would defo recommend this place, was only there for 2 days and now wish i stayed so much longer, not over touristy, so many day trips you can take, all the little island are generally no more than 15mins away by boat. truly breathtaking scenery.. as for acm, if your going to be moving around i would look at pre booking a few nights acm first, if you like it then stay on if not then look about moving elsewhere.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.