Greece - Crete Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Crete.
Hiya

There's good news and bad news. There really isn't much at Maleme, but just down the road is Platanias, which is the next village along (small town really) this has loads of bars, tavernas, restaurants, shops etc. They are all lined up on a long road. I'm not sure if its walkable (we had a car) I suspect in the heat it isn't, but the hotel had a mini train thing which runs up there, and I think local buses run along the road outside the hotel, or in a cab it would probably only take you a few mins. You just come out of the hotels main entrance and do a left. We missed the AI a few times and ate there just for a change. Chania is great for a night out too, but further (30min?).

Its a great hotel. Have a good one. :D
HIYA DOE

cheers for reply yes that sounds alright to me will try walking one to day to this plantaes if its hot it ll just work up a good thirst,

cheers again,
rm
Hi Redmoz

You wouldn't be able to walk to Platanias from your hotel but the bus stops right outside and will take about 10 minutes and costs about 1 euro 10 cents (at least it did May 04)!

A short walk from your hotel is Mikes Hotel (where we stayed) and that is a nice traditional taverna/hotel where you can get a drink, has a terrace overlooking the sea too. Other than that there are a reasonable amount of bars/restaurants in Malame, some on the main road and more on the beach road, so I think you'll be fine for a stroll. Maleme is small though, which we quite liked, we had enough variety for meals out etc in a week and the bus service to Platanias and Chania was very good.

:D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.