Disabled Person Holiday Discussions

Are you disabled or know someone who is? What are your experiences of hotels and resorts as a disabled person?
Hi jax ... have you checked out the Travel Insurance topic in our General Holiday Enquiries forum ? The second post on page 1 of the thread contains links to various insurance companies which have been recommended by our members.

It may be worth trying some of them, while you wait to hear of any further recommendations here.

David :wave
Hi David, Thanks for that. I followed the link for British Heart Foundation and got a quote from Medi-cover of £157.41. What a difference! :D :D :D
That's certainly an improvement, but it may be worth trying some more of the links on that page, if you have not already done so. Mention a pre-existing condition, and some companies immediately bump up premiums. But other companies may hold premiums, and only apply an increased excess in the event of any claims directly or indirectly related to those pre-existing conditions. One company which I believe has a reputation for increased excesses rather than increased premiums is Columbus Direct, but there may be others amongst that list.

Just finished buying my travel insurance, got it down to £138 for both of us with medi-cover. I can recommend their website as being really straightforward. Its very easy to find your medical conditions and I`m really pleased. Thanks for your help, David. :D :D :D
£420 down to £138 - well done, it certainly pays to shop around !! :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.