Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Ayia Napa ticks all your boxes in abundance
I have been going there for years and its a fantastic place. The beaches are fantastic you wont find better. The restaurants are better than at home at half the price the wine also. The resort itself is far from tacky in my opinion its a superb holiday destination for all ages. My 70 year old parents retired to napa a couple of years ago and adore it
Hi Lazybones

You could try Tasia Maris Gardens ,classifed as Nissi Beach but about 20 minutes walk out of Ayia Napa.We go to the Tasia Maris Hotel next door.
Both get excellent reviews ,Next to Sandy bay I swim every morning when there in September.Great for eating , and far enough out of town to be peaceful close enough to walk into,don`t be put off by any reputations
we go every year.and can`t wait, we go twice this year.
Pete
What about Coral Bay????
done a bit more research and looks like the Fig Tree Bay area in Protaras is nice - anyone been there?

thanks
Hi
We have been to Protaras, we stayed at a holiday complex there, although we were at the other end of the town. Fig Tree Bay is a nice area, lots of hotels and apartments, a very smart area. Good beach .
Protatas is good place for the family. Nice restaurants and bars, not too many gift shops though if you like buying presents.

Dawn
Fig tree bay is at one end of the strip and flamingo beach the other. Try to go fig tree bay area as it has the better beach and doesnt get as cramped with sunbeds as the other. Protaras as a long beach but narrow. Lots of restaurants, and bars that go into the night. I personally visit protaras and Ayia Napa most years for either visiting in the day or night, but because of the noise and motor bikes would not stay there in a hotel.
Please everyone dont jump down my thought, this is just my opinion, but i find Napa tacky, i like hustle and bustle to visit but not staying in the centre. As someone said, hotels just outside the complex are quieter, but you can venture in Napa at night. Likewise protaras, too packed like sardines on the beach, and hotels too close together. But as i said i do like going into protaras at night.

I always stay in Pernera, it isnt as quiet there as some people would lead you to believe. Hotels are spaced out mostly, really good beach with little coves. I think the best restautants in the area with prices staying moderate, great pubs with large tvs. You can walk into protaras from here, or get a cab really cheap(return). Walking takes us approx 20 mins. We have stayed in 3 places in Pernera - Golden Coast Hotel4* , Pernera beach hotel 3* and the LIVAS apartments which we booked direct, or you can go through a travel agent, but it will cost more.

I love the nightlife in all these area, but at night i like to sleep, so i can be a party animal in the evening, then go home to my bed :wink:

It would be a good idea to read reviews on HT and trip advisor, before committing and the travel agents gazetteer.

I am sure you will have a great time, Cyprus is like a second home to me.
we thought the same as you . but we decided on electra village on the out skirts of ayia napa :D
thanks for all your replies, still considering and all advice very much appreciated.
I would go along with Derwentrocker as I do the same thing. I stay in Pernera but head off to Protaras of an evening. I normally head over there at about 8pm have a meal then party until about 4am.

If you want slightly quieter then you can stay in Pernera where you can get everything, good meals and a great evening.

Taxi from Pernera to Protaras last year was CY£4 so it wont break the bank when your on your hollibobs.
just abit confused wen u say head to protaras cos its lively, i went to napa last year and tried protaras for 1 nite, there was a few bars but more orientated to families... so if ur afta a gud piss up head to napa i reckon!!!
thehero Please do not post in phone text style on the boards.

Please read this topic explanation topic. Click Here
hello the hero. what you have to watch is the age of people when they make a review. bet your a young whippersnapper, boozing from dusk till dawn, i remember it well, last saturday but now can't remember sunday.yes ayia napa has the clubs, more for you i think. just remember us oldies have "bin there done it, got the t shirt". :lol:
Erm i still go clubbing in napa, but love Pernera as i know everyone lol....Protaras is a bit too cramped for me, i like space :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.