General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
cheapest would probably be the Aegean coast of Turkey [say for example the Bodrum area] a 41/4 hr flight or Spain around the Salou or T0sser-del-mar area

you will struggle during school holidays with his budget

wizard
Helen he could try the club sun city in olu Deniz , Turkey . That is usually fairly reasonable (if there is such a thing now) and offers family rooms that will take 5 .We stayed in one :) Other A/I's we have been to when our 3 lads were younger and we were all in one room were Loz Zocos in Lanzarote and the blue bay escape in corfu . Can't say either have been in our top ten but it's worth checking reviews now . Another option is to book 2 standard internecting rooms . It may well be cheaper to do it like that and pay 4 adults+ 1 child than to pay the steep surcharges for family rooms .
Hi Helen,there are a couple of reasonably priced hotels in Ibiza,San An Bay,with TCook,2 rooms less than £4000 for 2 weeks.As Lyn says ,Turkey may be cheaper.
We stayed at the Poseidon Apartments in Skala, Kefalonia last year. Plenty room for the five of us (2 adults 3 children) in a two bedroom apartment. Cost £2100 for two weeks in middle of school holidays Jul/Aug. We have struggled this year and have ended up booking two apartments in Tingaki, Kos. Eldest two are 16 now so they quite happy to be in seperate apartment! I have requested we get two next to each other but no guarantee.
Hi Helen

Directholidays have some Turkey hols with free child places but still seem quite dear!
Lanzarote is coming up for 11th Aug 2011 from Bristol - Sirocco Apartments AI...10nights £3013 and 7nights £2607

Regards Caz

also - 11thAug 2011 from Gatwick - Gran Canaria AI...14nights £2797
  • Edited by cazB 2010-06-21 14:22:21
We are off to Turkey this summer in the school hols - my wife is a teacher......

Two weeks AI (supposed to be 5* but better call ita 3 or 4*).

We paid £631 per adult and the kids in the party were £300ea - thats around £2350 for your party when you add in transfers !

The problem may be getting a room for 5. I had a look at the company we are using and the hotels have family rooms but none were available.......

John
Yes forgot about that . We always had to book very early to get 1 of the few available rooms for 5 in a hotel .
Lyn, can't believe we have never bumped into one another! That's another hotel we have both been to.[Los Zocos] years ago when the girls were young. You been following me all these years or is it the other way round? :rofl
My sister has stopped at the Menorca Sea Club with 3 children and not expensive either. She really enjoyed it and really rated the place. I think the name has since changed to Hotasa Sea Club, Cala n' Forcat in Menorca. She travelled with First Choice but it was a few years ago. Not sure which agency does this hotel complex now though. Good luck!

Here's the link for the reviews

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/reviews/spain/balearic-islands/menorca/cala-n-forcat/hotasa-sea-club-aparthotel/

;)
Thanks everyone - I didn't realise prices were so expensive for next year. hippyjack - I can't see any of the major companies going to that accommodation, for next year.
Have done a quick update on the links - not sure whether you noticed I'd added extra ones :cheers
Holiday was booked yesterday. 7 days at the Caretta Beach in Kalamaki Zante. It was £10 cheaper with the TA than on line. It looks as though there's loads of stuff there for the kids.
  • Edited by Helen T 2010-06-27 18:32:33
Helen, your link takes us to a timed out page but having seen the property and read the reviews I think it's going to be ideal for them ;)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.