Spain - All Other Costas, Inland Areas Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding all Spanish areas not covered.
Hi Gerry

your hotel is opposite a lovely sandy, blue flag beach. There are lifeguards on usually in July. The beaches in Mojacar never get too busy, there are miles and miles of sandy beaches to explore.

As you walk onto the beach the area to your right, like a little bay is much better with children. On a calm day it is shallow for quite a way out, soft waves and clean. Sometimes it can get sea debris if there has been some storms out at sea/seaweed etc. My kids love it and there are always lots of children for them to play with, quite often they are spanish which we love.

As you walk onto the beach the area directly in front of you is beautiful but deeper, and there are slopes - - my two are fine in here with their arm bands on and with us, they are both swimmers (5 & 7) but they always wear their bands in the sea - - it makes them a bit more independent.

There are other areas futher down the beach where it is nice to paddle to but as with any Spanish Costa the sea can get very choppy and then the red flags go up. Unbelievable but people continue to swim in it!

As for cars, definately order and pick up from airport. It can be almost double in the resport dependent on where you go.

The cheapest I have found is http://www.carjet.com. If you book these online (you do not have to pay until collection) then you pick it up at the airport. You pay for a full tank of fuel and then bring it back empty - - they do make abit more off you with this but it is common practice. Please remember to bring your paperwork, I forgot it once and almost had to pay the airport prices which was approximately 80 euro more. Thankfully, an agent who recognised me from previous booking rescued me!

Hope this helps,

any more questions don't hesitate.

Diane
Thanks Diane,

Excellent information on the beaches and car hire. Thanks again.

Gerry
are there any fridges in the rooms for bottled water (etc) or can we hire one
Hi,in case there is no fridge there is a hire shop about a kilometer away just before "Wisebys" the English Supermarket,best wishes,John.
I have booked to go to Hotel Indalo in Mojacar on 14th July (2 adults & 2 kids). The few reviews I have read state fantastic beaches & wonderful area. I would appreciate any views on hotel, food etc.
Thanks, Heather

*Edit coloured font removed - Glynis*
Quite a few on this site, and if you do a trawl on google you will find a few more
I havent actually stayed in the Hotel Indalo but we stayed in the Puerto Marina which was next door so I can tell you about the area. You are just across the road from the beach. Fab in the evening when the beach is quiet and the crowds have gone. The beaches in Mojacar operate a system like traffic lights for swimming in the sea, it can get very choppy at times and there are very strong currents. Green flag safe to swim, red flag dont swim.

There is a bus stop outside your hotel which will take you where ever you want to go, further up into the resort, the old village, worth taking a trip to Garrucha the next town.

Some fab restaurants near your hotel. The Argentinian is fab for steak and if you are having trouble getting the kids to eat just take them there and they have the most massive home made chips. A meal on there own for the kids. Have a great holiday Mojacar is a great resort.
Hi ya!
We went to The Indalo about 3 years ago! it was a lovely hotel! The food is ok but there are some brill restaurants to go and eat if u prefer! There was a restaurant called Snoopys just up the road from the hotel that did a brilliant breakfast.

Hope you enjoy ur holiday!!
Hi, I know there are a couple of topics re this hotel on this forum but I have read, on another forum, a review from last November which really runs this hotel down. Has anyone any up to date info?
Hi Carol and welcome to HT!

I have merged all the topics on the Hotel Indalo into this one and asked for this hotel to be added to our Reviews Site.

luci :wave
Hi, I know there are a couple of topics re this hotel on this forum but I have read, on another forum, a review from last November which really runs this hotel down. Has anyone any up to date info?

Hi,the hotel has been full all winter with a mainly Spanish clientele and a few house hunters.I doubt many of our typical Brit holiday tourists will have stayed yet this year.The Brit tourist season starts next week 1st May.Ive not heard anything detrimental about the hotel this winter,best wishes,John.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.