Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi Willie J,

You can put links to other sites, but not cut and paste text for reasons of copyright, see the conditions of use no 18 HERE. Suggest you edit out the text before anyone important sees it!

Interesting information though, and hope that this year it works. Problem is that in the past money changed hands and work continued, but the dramatic fall off in tourist numbers might just concentrate the minds of those in authority to enforce the law this year.

Peter

PS This is the information referred to HERE
Sorry thanks for telling me and posting a link to the information
williej :glynis
Hi Peter of York,

##Interesting information though, and hope that this year it works.##

I don't believe it, but we will see.

Bulgarienfan
Hi Bulgarienfan,

As you say, it will be *very* surprising if it is totally effective this time.

Baldur
Sounds like good news. recently had an "Errata" from Balkan Holidays to inform me of building work near my hotel.

Alio :D
Hi Baldur,

I fear it's the same as last year! Although it is forbidden, building work will be continued. You know, money makes the world go round....

Hi Peter of York.

##... but the dramatic fall off in tourist numbers....##

Have you more informations about this?

Bulgarienfan
Hi Bulgarienfan,

According to this Novinite report, the Bulgarian Government appears to be attempting to take central control of development on the Black Sea coast, rather than the current, apparently haphazard, efforts of the local government agencies.

Baldur
Hi Baldur,

many thanks for the link! I searched with google, but I didn't find any information about this, what Peter of York said ( the dramatic fall off in tourist numbers).

Bulgarienfan
Hi Bulgarienfan,

It was an article in the Bulgarian press - Dnevnik on 15th May under the headline - "Summer '06 off to a sluggish start ................ etc"

The webpage with the full text is HERE

This confirmed an opinion I had formed from the reports of many cancelled, altered, and consolidated flights which are a sure indicator that all is not well.

See THIS thread.

Peter
Hi Peter of York,

many thanks for your links. May be, this year are enough sundbeds for all in Bulgaria :D

I hope for the bulgarian people, that next year will be better.

Bulgarienfan
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.