Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Don't know if you are overreating (sic) Ha! I was at HB all Dec and I don't think the new build is anything to be concerned about. The new build is about finished, at least the part near the original hotel. If you have been there in the past the new build is well away. Just general tidying up to be done but certainly shouldn't spoil your holiday and it's well smart! If you are experienced in all else that happens in Goa you will have no problems.

Regards Johnny G
there is a thread on hbr and all your saying about the travel companies is correct but check out what i put on othe thread
as for you johnny g
the building work for hbr has only just started really on the left of rd past the new regal park (more building work) they are building hbr and it will go all around the back of regal upto main rd facing seashell except shelly has apparently bought a property inbetween which will put a spanner in the works
The new part is completed along with swimming pool, I was sitting around it yesterday!!! (carry on up past reception, road bends right and carries on towards Gym, new part is on left)
The new, (new) phase is still under construction but is so far away from the original part that I couldn't hear a thing (maybe I've just learnt to switch off having been here so long??)
I don't think it should interrupt your holiday at all....but give the tour company hell anyway (they deserve it)!!
Goldenflipflop
As I said in my last post goingoingoa the new build is well away from the existing hotel the most recent develpoment has been completed (well almost) as goldenflipflop says across from the gym etc. So, anyone booked into HBR should be in either the original parts or the newly completed block neither of which have any building works near enough to them to interfere with the relative peace and tranquility of Candolim !!!
We are going to the Highland on 23 March and have been trying to gather as much info as poss on the building works. I have also phoned First Choice and had the negative feedback "there's no work happening there" - must think we all came down the river on banana boats !! Anyway, glad to hear that some of the work near the back of the hotel is complete and that someone has managed to spend some time round the new pool so it can't be that bad.
Thanks to all who replied.I think it will be O.K.And anyway if not accomodation is so cheap we could always find somewhere else.oh but those tour operators surely someone must read the internet.On a positive note about First Choice at least they had the nerve to be the first to improve the lot of the charter flier.Everything I read about their new long haul aircraft is good.

It would seem that the rest have had to sit up and take notice as I hear thomson are advertising more room on all long haul flights.Maybe the power of the internet..

Anyway have managed to find a cheap deal for a week in Lanzorote(I know it is not Goa but only 4 hours away)Will post on my return.
hi goakid, good too see i will not be the only 'jock' in the highland beach. arrive 2 days after u so looks like it will be your round first ! :lol:
for all you lucky people going out to goa at the highland if possible could you take some pictures of the apartments being built facing the hotel reception they are not highland it will be called regal gardens,we are buying one and would be nice to see how there comming on i am sure there are some kind people who will help out !
pretty please with knobs on :lol:
Billy Bluenose - if your name is anything to go by I think you and my partner will get on really well - he's a bluenose too. See you there
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.