Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
fake trainers
12 Posts
Hi, although I cannot condone the buying/selling :shock: of 'fake' goods (infringement of copyrights etc etc :? ) , I did stumble across this thread on page 2, just to get you started. :D :D :D

http://holidayforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=75414
dont tell me you have never bought fake goods? get a life ye carnt beat
a good bargin :lol:
The Bulgarian authorities are cracking down on counterfeit & pirated goods - €400,00-worth of fake 'designer' clothing was seized this week from a ship in Varna, 10,000 pirated CDs/DVDs were seized in Sofia and there have been reported raids in the resorts.

Baldur
wow
Very informative Baldur,

The shops in GS and Varna are absolutely full of fakes , if they took them all away the shelves in 80% of shops in GS would be completely bare.

Just how seriously are the Government taking this, is this just a token raid to please EU countries or does the Government really want to stop fakes in Bulgaria.

For me as long as they are not being passed off as the real thing then its really all pretty harmless.

The government needs to realise that the cheap label shopping is a major attaction to tourists and probably very good for the Bulgarian economy.

Pat
Hi Pat,

I suspect that this is a Bulgarian Government response to pre-EU accession pressure.

I don't think that many trade mark/patent/copyright holders would concur with your statement that "The government needs to realise that the cheap label shopping is a major attaction to tourists and probably very good for the Bulgarian economy."

Baldur

<edit for typo>
  • Edited by Baldur 2006-06-25 19:30:07
dont tell me you have never bought fake goods? get a life ye carnt beat
a good bargin

No I have never bought fake goods - it isn't fair on those who make them and anyway I have got a life - a good one in which labels have no importance whatsoever.
Here Here. To many people obsessed with brands and then wanting them for nothing. Just think of the sweat shops these goods are made in and the pitance these people are paid. Disgraceful :oops:
Even the real label brands are made in sweatshops......as is most clothing sold in the uk by major high street outlets...... thats just the way of the world isnt it.......what is so wrong with seeking out a few bargains when on holiday....I personally buy most of my clothes abroad , mainly from Dom Rep when I visit there, the difference being that you are paying more like the true cost of the product instead of filling the pockets of the big multi national brands that are responsible for low wages and poor conditions. Buying clothes ethically in todays world is virtually impossible though I do see your point........pat :D
The difference is that with new legislation the 'legitimate sweatshops' are now monitored by the UN to make sure people are treat fairly. The stuff we are on about here isn't so the conditions they have to work under are deplorable :evil:
anyone bought any trainers out there,how good are they?
The link given above gives the details-http://holidayforums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=75414
As we seem to have come full circle I think I will lock this one now!
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.