Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
I encountered less beggars in Bulgaria than in any other country I have visited. In fact there were more beggars on my trip from west london to gatwick airport than in the whole week I was in Bulgaria.

Ladies of the night was a problem in GS , they are quite persistant but if you are with a partner you should be ok.

pat :D
thans pat
i like go were i like and not have to cross the road to dodge people :lol: wots it like 4 hassle off p.rs in the pubs/clubs :?:
If it is G/S you are going the ladies of the night were always out side Bonkers and the perunika hotel . They were always there police moved them on but they were back five minuets later .The people we had more trouble with was the ones who kept asking for you to change money .June :bhead
were off to s/b so hope its a bit better but thanks anyway :lol:
Hi Cutty, We have been to SB on a number of occasions and neither beggars or "ladies of the night" were a problem. GS was much more of a problem as it was so blatant, especially if men were in pairs or groups. They didn't bother couples.

8) The Toonman
Hi, I have just come back from Albena and I am sorry to say there are at least 30 of these (Ladies)??????????????? parading everynight with their pimps not far away, I get no bother now because they are fed up over the years going to the wrong hotels with a ficticious room number at eleven at night. What got me was the police came down the main road in resort one night and took the three young lads accordions away and were told to report to police station with Father and fine to reclaim same. Reason they did not have license. I have written a very strong letter about this to Bulgarian Embassy in London. Many many brits were fed up with the Ladies, one widower of 70 was frightened to go out on his own. Tonyt.
Hi - we saw a few of beggars in SB last year, but they didn't chase you or anything. They were just siiting down on the pavement. They were a bit more persistant in Varna - kids approached us on the street and when we were having a drink by the entrance of the park, but we just ignored them, no eye contact, and made sure we had our hands on our bags. I was a bit worried about Varna because I had heard nightmare stories about beggars and bag snatchers, but it was a walk in the park compared to Oxford Street here in London. I just kept my bag done up and was aware of who was around just as I would be at any other time at home. I think I saw one lady of the night in SB, but I wasn't sure. I think I might just be naive because I just couldn't spot them!
If you move across the main street to the "market place" and in the area of the "Place Pigalle Go Go Bar" you will find one or another beggars.

Ladies of the night is very discret in SB compared to GS. I saw some this year, but they wont approach you if you walk with your companion.

But then again, if you want to get to them, just walk alone outside e.g. Disco Lazur in the middle of the night... I was waiting for my wife one late night (or maybe morning :oops: ) and were approached. But, showing them my wedding ring and a naugt with my head made them dissapear.
Hi, we came back from our first trip to sunny beach 2 weeks ago and we all loved it.

We did see a couple of beggers, a few disabled elderly gentleman who were moved on by the police, and each evening about three very young kids who were playing (or trying to play!) instruments. I did feel sorry for them as I am sure it was past their bedtimes! But I think they made more money than any of the shop keepers with english mothers like myself!!

We didnt see any protistutes at all. There were a few girls from the stripclubs handingout flyers but they handed out the flyer and walked straight on. No hassell or anything.

Gemma
I looked again this trip as hard as I could to spot a prostitute but still no luck!!! If my OH was approached he isn't saying :oops:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.