Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Hi, Suggest you put you aerosol cans in your hand luggage as the cabin is pressurised and therefore should not explode.
As for your cigs, would recommend that you buy them in the duty free shop or on the plane( Depending who you are going with ). You can buy them on the street from some dubious people but they are mostly fakes and who knows whats in them.
Bulgarians do make their own brand for us holiday people, called VICTORY and they come in various strengths. Cost about £8 for 200.

8) Toonman
Hi there

I don't think you can take aerosols in your hand luggage as they could be used as a "weapon".I'm sure they have to go in your suitcase.

Regards

Sharpy
Hi Sharpy, Sorry, You are right. Got mixed up. The cans must go in your suitcases not hand luggage.

8) Toonman
:D Many thanks for the info on the aerosol cans they are now all packed away in the suitcase which I think I had better weigh before going on Monday night as it a tad heavy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ref ciggie's I think I will let them get their own!!!!
You are not allowed to take aerosol cans on the plane at all !! the hold is not pressurised and they could explode.
Perhaps we've been doing the wrong thing, but we've always packed aerosols. They survived 10 hours to Mexico and we had allsorts- deodorants, bug spray etc. I'd check the small print in the brochure or ticket info for clarification.

Pam
Same as us we have always taken aerosols packed in our luggage and so have our friends (this is news to me) :shock:
This is a quote from Monarch Airlines website

Where do I pack aerosols and electrical items?
Electrical items such as hairdryers, etc and aerosols can be packed in your hold baggage.

From the First Choice website - what can I carry onboard
Gases - from compressed gas canisters to pepper spray and CS gas devices. You may bring moderate amounts of hairsprays, deodorants etc.

The information out there is quite confusing, I would give your airline a ring and then you will know for sure.

Sarah
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.