Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
season ends
20 Posts
Hi Clare,

Things usually start to wind down around mid-September (e.g. Action Aquapark closes on 10th September) and most of the resort will almost certainly be closed by mid-October.

Baldur
Thanks Baldur

hoping to go first week in sept so should be ok, will make sure I enjoy it any way. Thanks :glynis
We are going 1st Sept for 14 days( as usual ) and everything is still open so no need to panic.

8) Toonman
My friend Stanislav at the beach goes home Oct. 15th, so I guess the last days before that will be spendt closing down everything.

Its almost scaring watching pictures from SB from winter-time. Like a ghost town :shock:
Thanks all for replying, I will look forward to my break now. any idea what the weather will be like in September. :sun hopefully
clare
Weather is normally mid 70's during the day, but much cooler at nights.
You will get the occasional thunderstorm ( we have had one for the past 3 years, but it did only last for the one day.

8) Toonman
the aquapark you mentioned above is that the old one
I think the old one is the small one next to Hotel Kuban.

8) Toonman
Hi Suemackey,

Yes, Action Aquapark is the older of the two reasonably large water parks - the newer one is Aqua Paradise en route to Nesebar.

Baldur
Hi,
The water park looks great,we're staying in Albena in July next year and wondered how long it would take us to get to Nessebar by bus and how much?
Also does anybody know how long it would take by bus and how much to Sunny Beach.We're all inclusive but I tend to get bored and like to see other places :)
Thanks T.C
Hi T.C.

Albena - Varna by bus is 4 Leva per adult each way this year. Varna - Sunny Beach, probably around 15 Leva each way. Sunny Beach - Nesebar is 70 Stotinki each way.

Total journey time would be around 2-2.5 hours, assuming immediately connecting buses.

You will find organised excursions to Sunny Beach/Nesebar from Albena.

Baldur
Thanks Baldur,
These sites are great for information,I keep writing tips down in a little book, very useful,
Thanks again for your promt reply
T.C
An update of Albena to Sunny Beach. There is a coach running from Albena every day from Bus Station at 12 lev each way. timings are
Leave Albena 0930 arrive Sunny Beach 1200. depart Sunny Beach 1730 arrive Albena 1945. it is operated by "PG KOMERS"Ltd. Tonyt
Hi tony,

Yes thanks, I forgot that coach - noticed the sign in Albena bus station & promptly forgot it! :wink:

Baldur
Baldur, the reason I have paperwork , is the fact a certain Tour Company charges 70 lev to Nessebar. A lot of cash saved. Tonyt
:D Thanks again,
Will be planning some outings based on info we've got.
Is Nessebur itself worth a visit because it sounds very interesting :?:
We prefer the quiet life so thats why we chose Albena but still like to go about a bit. Any info on days out,trips,etc. would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
T.C
This may sound daft
But

What is the possible taxi fare Albena to Sunny Beach

Just in case my lot miss the bus after a day at the water park
Am I missing something here??

You are asking re taxi from Sunny Beach to Albena after a day at the waterpark.

The nearest waterpark to Albena is in Golden Sands (Aquapolis) the next resort and about 15 leva taxi ride and 15 minutes.

Sunny Beach is at least a couple of hours away.

Patka
Am I missing something here??

You are asking re taxi from Sunny Beach to Albena after a day at the waterpark.

The nearest waterpark to Albena is in Golden Sands (Aquapolis) the next resort and about 15 leva taxi ride and 15 minutes.

Noyou haven't missed anything
Didn't know about this one - do now just found the website
http://www.aquapolis.net/index.php?language=en

Ta for the info
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.