Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
vacinations
28 Posts
Hi Dangermouse,

There's only one possible answer to this, which is to check with your GP or Practice Nurse. They will look at your medical record and the specific advice from the Dept of Health for Bulgaria, and advise you accordingly. You may be OK, but on the other hand you might need a booster jab for something.

Peter
Hi Dangermouse re the above my daughters and I are flying out on Monday and our Doctor advised us to have Hep A and I had to top up tetanus we had this done Weds so you may wish to speak to your doctor or nurse. Good Luck x
cheers have a good holiday
Hi Dangermouse, We've never had any jabs in the times we have been going to Bulgaria. Was advised that as we were going to a modern,relatively new resort there was no need. However, it was strongly advised that tetanus and Hep A were given if we were going to a more rural unmodernised part of the country where facilities were more primitive.

8) Toonman
My family were all given Hep A jabs on the advice of the nurse in our doctors surgery. She checked a chart on the wall naming different countries and stating which vaccanations were needed. Hep A and tetanus are needed but we were already covered for tetanus. The chart is from the dept. of Health.
This is one of my posts from 12 months ago -

I rather feel the best people to advise on this most important subject are neither package holiday companies, nor the Bulgarian Embassy, nor fellow tourists, but instead the experts - the NHS and your GP.
Better safe than sorry!!

Being advised you don't need anything because you are going to a relatively new resort reminds me of this situation.
We went to Thailand, and our GP put us on a course of anti-malaria tablets. Someone in our party had been told "nothing required because you are going to a malaria free zone". So that was alright then? It was the most appalling advice. Next door to our hotel was a hospital filled with malaria victims, I'm sure the abundant mosquitoes around us refrained from biting them then us!!
In Bulgaria you can't avoid the outside world in the resorts. The Bulgarians you meet every day live in the real Bulgaria, and it's where your food comes from.

Peter
thanks for all the advice
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.