Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
I actually enquired about this cruise.

Was it the 11 October departure for 18 nights?

The itinerary I looked at had a 2nt Pre-Stay in Osaka & then Essential Beijing Tour that covered Forbidden City - Tian'anmen Square, Temple
of Heaven, Summer Palace, Great Wall of China which sounds fantastic!

Hope that helps Jopa
:wave Hi Worldcruiser, Thanks for your reply.
I have booked this Cruise. We depart from Scotland on 12th Oct.and have one night in Hotel in Osaka. 14th to 28th Oct. will be on-board.
I was in Beijing a few years ago and yes, China is a fascinating country.
I am so looking forward to the other countries which I have not visited...Russia, South Korea and Japan.
I booked via teletext "Cruise Classified."
Cost of Cruise is £1299+ supplement air fare from Scotland of £120.
I think we have a real bargain there, especially when you look at "Normal" tours of Japan...you can pay that for an 8 day tour!
I realise it will only be a "Taster" of these countries, but if I wish to see them "In-Depth" I would DIY-it!
This will be my first large cruise-ship for 30yrs. I really prefer the Gulet-Boats off the Turkish Coast...but I shall just have to suffer whatever the Princess Sapphire throws at me :wink:
Have you Cruised with Princess before?

Yours Aye,
Jopa.
Yes that sounds like a great deal you got there.

I would of went for a longer pre or post stay asonce you get there I am sure you want to stay for longer :)
Ive been on a few cruises with Princess and they are fantastic ships!
I am thinking this is a great cruise ,we looked at these for this year but backed off, will look again next year once there are more reviews and some more savings.

The ship and princess are good so no problems there, but the port reviews do hint at a lot of them being industrial resulting in the need to look at excursions/taxis. Not an issue but the budget would need to be bigger so we have picked up a couple of cheapies this year(including the pearl trans with no stops) so there is more in the pot for next year.
:wave Thanks for replies Guys, afraid work commitments will not allow an extra stay in Port...Beijing is offered post cruise, but as I have visited all the main sights there, I have declined that...now if we were cruising the opposite route and finishing in Osaka, I would have begged time off work and had a lengthier tour of Japan!
I recon we will have saved quite a bit with this cruise, so don't mind paying the excursions from ship, however in saying that, we do like to do our "own thing" and might just pop into the towns on our own.
Windjammer, will you cruise Transatlantic, turn and come back again?
Or do you have some time in Port? I think they would have to "Tie me down" when I reached U.S.A.!!!
Worldcruiser,can you recommend your favourite cruise?
Yours Aye,
Jopa.
Windjammer, will you cruise Transatlantic, turn and come back again?
Or do you have some time in Port? I think they would have to "Tie me down" when I reached U.S.A.!!!

We have 3 nights before flying back, stil trying to decide what to do, this is a 10sea day experiment, we like them and want to see if we like them enough for one of the realy long trips 30days+ which tend to have a lot of sea days(when we retire).

For port info on the far east trips there have been some interesting reviews on cruisecritic. Like yourself current work commitments make taking more than two weeks at a time a problem but I do need to do work trips fareast so still looking for a comby work/cruise trip which will make it easier/cheaper if the dates match.
This is the one I looked at...

http://www.scotlandscruisecentre.co.uk/tearupthebrochure_aus.phtml

Theres was a 24 night so was unable to get the time off work :(
:wave Would love to hear from anyone going on this Cruise.
My friend and I leave Scotland on 12th Oct and fly via Dubai to Osaka.
We have one night in Hotel and join the Ship on 14th Oct.
Can't wait!!!

Yours Aye,
Jopa.
We will be getting off Sapphire as you get on. going right round from Whittier to Osaka then 2 nights in Kyoto. You should like Sapphire, gets very good ratings & some say best of Princess ships. We did our first cruise on a Princess ship (done lots of others) in the Med (Grand P) & enjoyed it. there are lots of small venues as well as the big ones. Show theatre is a bit on small side for first sitting & tends to fill up early. Enjoy your cruise, to go to Japan has long been an ambition of mine & as you say these cruises are as cheap as the tours with all food thrown in.
:D Anyone on the Forum going on this Cruise?
Less than 3 weeks now and I am getting excited!!!
Yours Aye,
Jopa.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.