Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
We have a topic on Princess Cruises HERE which may have some info.

luci :wave
Hi I did the Panama cruise on Island Princess about 3 years ago when she had just come into service.
She is a moderate sized ship being smaller than their Grand class ships. Princess being the US branch of the UK P&O does have a more laid back approach and is Americanised which for me is a good rather than a bad thing.

The ship itself is lovely and I was in a mini suite which on Island is long rather than square as in the lines other ships. They have any time dining which you may or may not like. I always chose traditional dining as it is much easier to change to anytime than to do it the other way around. When I was on Golden Princess we changed to anytime dining mostly because we didn't have the best table companions and some of the others left also. It worked well for us.
On Island we had late seating and a very good table so remained with the traditional for the duration of the cruise.

The standard of service was very good and the food very good to sometimes excellent. The Horizon court which is open 24/7 for casual dining was always visited by us last thing just before going to bed. Contrary to the norm the Horizon court was at the forward end while the Spa etc was aft. I preferred it as it was on Golden and on every other ship have sailed on.
The dining room I only used in the evening preferring to eat breakfast in my room and lunch and afternoon tea in the Horizon Court.
The public rooms were very comfortabel and better laid out
Entertainment was not as good on the Panama cruise but adaquate. This was a repositioning cruise out of SF throught to Florida for the winter Caribbean cruises.
I think that you will enjoy this ship and please ask any specific questions you would like answered.

Sue
We were booked on this cruise 27 December and our travel agent has just been given the flight times returning
Acapulco to Mexico city,7hr wait,then onto Frankfurt and finally land in Manchester-total travelling period 25 hours!
This morning we have changed cruises to one departing Fort Lauderdale with 1stop flights to the uk

Anyone booked with Princess at Xmas it is worth checking your flight times now
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.