Cruises

Discussions relating to Cruising holidays
Hi Steve,

I think the best cruise on the market at the moment is Royal Caribbean for children and especially teenagers.
Their Voyager series are huge with rock climbing skating and on the new Freedom even surfing. Freedom is even bigger than the Voyager.
This summer Navigator is sailing out of Southampton and on Saturday I saw them talking about prices to include teenagers up to 16 years. They were quoting prices of £2500 or thereabouts for a family of 4.

Worth looking at!

Sue
We have a 16 year old teenage daughter. We have been on a couple of cruises, Thomson and Island, with her and spent a lot of time recently researching what is available for teenagers and came to the same conclusion as Sue i.e. Royal Caribbean appears to have the best mix.

Please note we are not speaking from the experience of having cruised with them, but the knowledge of what other lines are like and speaking to similar people who have sailed RCI. We have recently booked a RCI cruise on voyager for October from Barcelona.

A little tip....there are some great discounted deals at the moment for RCI which end this wednesday 28th February.
Yes RCI have got £100 per person or £200 per room for booking up until the 28th February. If you know what you want they it would be a good idea to take advantage of this.

You could call RCI and ask them to send you a DVD or you could borrow one from a Travel Agent which would let you have a better idea. I have not been on RCI for about 5 years but it is well geared up for teenagers and I think it would be better than Princess in my opinion.

Sue
i found that Thomsons didnt have a great deal for teenagers to do....... a PLAYSTATION........... im sorry but we are on holiday
If you can take a Royal Caribbean Voyager or Freedom class ship you won't see much of the teens.
They have a basketball court which is where lots of kids hang out,table tennis,shuffleboard,minigolf,inline skating ring,ice skating rink,swimming pools,hot tubs, Rock Wall,the Freedom has the Flow-Rider, surfing area and a huge water zone,they have teen clubs and discos.
And of course all the water/beach based excursions.
Would also strongly recommend Royal Caribbean. Their ships have to be seen to be believed, the amount of stuff there is to do onboard is incredible... :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.