Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
We stayed at the Ralitsa a couple of summers ago, and found the local brandy to be brilliant, and the vodka was pretty reasonable; we didn't try any other spirits, I'm afraid, although we did have a few cocktails (not on AI package), which were 4 leva each, and were very good.
Hope that helps
I don't know about the Ralitsa specifically but, generally, local gin, brandy, etc., are pretty good.

In shops in the cities, a bottle of local spirits will cost from about 4 or 5 Leva (probably more in the resorts).
Hi dennisb66,

Got back from Ralitsa on Sunday and can confirm that the local brandy is indeed on tap, have been informed by 2 of our party that it was excellent............so much so that they drank it constantly !!!! :wink: As for whisky there were no local brands but the vodka certainly hit the spot!! The lager (Zagorka & Kamenitza) was also brill and knocks spots off anything that we drink in Scotland, the red wine was pretty good too tasted a bit like Merlot. We had a brilliant time and really can't find any faults with either the Ralitsa or Albena itself, hope you have a ball!!
If there's anything else just ask :D
Nazdrave
Scruffyish
Hello.......i am going to the ralista hotel in albena on the first of june and was wondering if its a nice place to visit, it is my first time going to bulgaria and i just want to know if there is much to do and what the night life is like.
i have heard various things about the germans been put first and not been allowed in certain parts of the hotel, how ever i am going to the 3* ralitsa and there is only a few reviews on the hotel and they are not recent if anyone can help please reply.

p.s. is it really as cheap as people say and what are the local drinks like lol, any info will be great thank you :)
Hi Gun-R,

The hotel reviews HERE and resort reports HERE are as recent (last September, i.e. right at the end of the season) as you're likely to get until people start to return this season, which only really started in the last week or two.

Local drinks are fine.

Baldur
Baldur is right Gun-R about the local drinks being fine. Remember the red wine is a very good anti-oxidant especially the Gorchivka and another one that begins with M but I have only seen cyrillic script on the bottles.... But do beware the raika especially if you venture into a village, hubby has still not recovered from being plied with a village special by a grandpa! Apparently if you enjoy spirits you may well like it. My daughters say the local vodka is fine. Enjoy Albena, it is a lovely resort but do try and take the time to see other parts of Bulgaria if possible.

Nels
Local brandy - Pliska is very nice.

Patka
Even if you have to pay for them it's still going to be cheap, I only drank Lager and Rum which I canconfirm are part of the All inclusive package. I just returned from the Ralista on the 29th May.
hey there what was the entertainment like there, did it only last for an hour and is there much to do on the beach. i heard that the watersports are not included in the AI package is that right ?
what drinks do you get in the hotel with the Ai package ?
All local drinks produced are free from 10am to 11pm, Entertainment lasts for as long as you want it to, Shows normally opened at 9.30pm and finished before 10.30pm, but hey their is a whole lot more to do and see in Albena, The beach is a ten minute walk or take the Train which costs 2 lev and drops you at the beach, All the normal watersports are there alsoandall are payable to the people who run them, The Ralista caters for everything except the Beach.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.