Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
There's pages on this hotel HERE

Peter
Hi K., in my Belgian folder its still called the Albena Beach club!!
(old Gergana, thats right :lol: )
Hi

The Albena beach that we booked was the union of the S&M hotels the Gergana being the third of the complex. It's confusing in as much as Eclipse still have it as the Albena beach, but FC now list it as Hotel Gergana (formerly Albena beach club)

As I say my main concern is how the running of the hotel now works and the facilities. If all buildings are now AI, then great, much easier all round, however my main concern was that the pictures of the big freeform pool had been removed and they are now only showing the two tiny little pools which does seem a little odd.

Call me cynical, but why remove from the internet pictures of the main pool if it is still available for use? This belongs to the 'original Gergana' so being sceptical I'm wondering if this too is going to be renamed, no longer being part of the complex making the pool unavailable.

I just wondered if anyone had any local insider info on it.

Sorry probably not explaining myself very well!!

Pam :?
Hi Pam,

The Albena website still lists both hotels separately.

It also lists Telephone & Fax contact numbers if you wish to check with them directly. :wink:

Baldur
Thanks Baldur- that will be my next step I think. Despite ringing First Choice, I have also emailed them, that way I have it in writing and if the facilities aren't as described I have something to work on.

Pam :D
oogh! the decoration of the rooms is the same as in hotel Samokov, Borovets!!
I just had a big deju-vu here :shock: ahahhahaha
we are staying at the albena beach club hotel from the 5th july to the 19th , going with first choice , first i got a letter telling me there is no kids club , then i got a letter telling me there is no big pool, and we have to use the one at the hotel Gergana next door i m not really bothered , because ive booked it now and looking forward to it , im not gonna change it , we will still have a great time , but if anyone has any info let me know thanks eileen x
I am getting a bit confused now, I thought the big pool one pictured in the brochure was at the Gergana anyway.
Yes it is confusing- the big pool is at the Gergana, NOT the beach club, although that wasn't stipulated in the brochure and unlike Eileen we were never told. The beach club has now been renamed the Gergana (by FC anyway) but if the original Gergana is still called that is anyone's guess :!:

when are u there pam ?

edit
Eileen
remember my pm?
you are forgetting again :lol: No text or bold please as per rules of posting

) Do NOT post in all CAPITALS - Your post WILL be deleted.
2) Do NOT post in TXT message style - Your post WILL be deleted.
3) Do NOT post in all Bold - Your post WILL be deleted.
Hi Eileen

We go 2nd to 16th August- was getting really excited until today. I'm sure it will be great whatever- I just so desperately need two stressfree weeks, that I don't want any nasty surprises when we get there!!

We booked April 2006 and had the change of flight letter and the no kids club one, but never got one about the pool. Thank heavens for HT- you can be well informed before you get there :!:

Hope you have a lovely time- weather out there looks great, unlike here :!:

Pam and Eileen, The Gergana is still the Gergana and that has the large swimming pool. The Albena Beach Hotel has just a small pool. you will be within 150 yds of Large pool, across the sand. Cheers Tonyt
Hi Tony

Was there any evidence of the name being changed on the beach club when you were there? Reassuring that the Gergana is still the Gergana, just can't understand why FC are no longer showing pictures of the large pool :?:

Hi, there was no signs of any change of name. I have just sent an e-mail to my friend the Balkan rep and asked him for clarification, give him 3/4 days to reply. Tonyt
Cheers Tony- that's really good of you. I'm sure we will hear from you before FC !!

Hope you have a good time Eileen :sun

Good Morning, In answer to the query ref Albena Beach Hotel and change of name. I have just had an e-mail from Nickolay, Balkan Rep and he states "Albena Beach Hotel is as named and Gergarna Hotel is as named, He is the Balkan rep at Albena Beach Hotel among others, so if you see him say hello from me. Tonyt
I phoned first choice last week as I am due to go to Albena Beach Club on 27th August and still have no tickets and all they could tell me was that it was a name change only and shouldn't affect my holiday.
Been back from the Albena beach club for two weeks :( apparently they changed the name before we got there but the Albena Beach Club sign was still up,I don't think it will change anything in the hotel etc.

PS.we didn't get our tickets until two weeks before we went :!:
TC
I phoned First Choice again last night as I was getting a bit worried because it's my honeymoon and it's one of many things I am organising.

The guy was lovely but actually had to check the website as he didn't know about the name change, he seemed to think that it would mean that rather than just using the facilities at the Gergana we would also be able
to use the bars too, think I'll wait and see when we get there.

He also told me my tickets had been printed on the 31st July, so I'm guessing the postal strikes have affected the arrival of them.

Still looking forward to my honeymoon though :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.