yo there smig!
im going there in augustus also!!
5 young gentlemen, real random choice.
hope its good!
  • Edited by bazcam 2005-04-24 17:43:07
Please do not post in phone txt style

Many thanks

Kath HT Admin
Thinking of booking in at the Gergana Beach, Albena in Aug 2006.two adults two children 8 and 9 Can anyone please give me any information on the hotel, sister hotels or the area. This would be very helphul, many thanks for your time.
  • Edited by blister 2005-10-06 20:01:22
Looks like a great choice! Read our members reviews of it here
Go on BLISTER make a choice and I'll follow.

Uncnny looked at both hotels in the First Choice summer 05 online selection and have come down to the same two places although one b&b and the other all incl but for price it's brill.

I was contacted by Tonyt who lives in my neck of the woods and he seems to be a good source of info due the amount of times he's been to the same area, at the time of posting i've not heard but if he give me any pointers i'll def do a general post.

anyway whatever your selection E N J O Y.

chris.

PS Can anyone tell me if the Istanbul two day trip is available from any where on this coast(Albena etc ,etc)
Hi Tynsley,

PS Can anyone tell me if the Istanbul two day trip is available from any where on this coast(Albena etc ,etc)

I have certainly seen the Istanbul trip advertised in Sveti Konstantin (not too far down the coast from Albena) so assume that it should also be available there.
we stayed at the gergana hotel in august cant fault the hotel or staff we had a cleaner sent to our room at 2-30 in the morning when one of us was ill
i will say that the entertainment is a bit cheesy but you do not have to watch it
the food got very boring as well after a few days and most of the drinks in the hotel are double what you would pay outside
the actual hotel is in a great location and the end of the beach but it is a lot quieter than other resorts
theres a chuckle bus that stops outside the hotel to take you into albena we used to get the train there and have a nice walk back
if you have any more questions dont hesitate to ask
terry
Thanks TERRY.
One question would do All INCLUSIVE or B&B?

chris
we did half board but would go b&b on our next holiday as we got fed up with the food very quickly
what they do is two seperate sittings early and late the table you get is for your whole holiday
if we wanted lunch there then we could still order but just pay for the meal which was cheap enough
when we booked the prices we got were the same for half board as b&b so if we ate there it was money saved
theres plenty of good resteraunts in albena especially poco loco we had a night there 10 of us from 8-30 - 11-30 loads of drinks couple of bottles of wine the dearest food on the menu and it cost £92-00
Again Terry thanks for your time, I hope to take the plunge real soon

Best regards

Chris 8)
Stayed there last August/05.
We would stay there again. I thought the food was very good with plenty of choice. so i would definately book half board. For good cheap food & drink, walk along the beach South ( away from Albena) through a stream, accross the nudist beach, to the next village. There the prices are stunningly cheap, the beer is the same ,but one third the hotel price & the food is good.
Hi. The village is called Kranevo. Cheers Tonyt
me & my boyfriend (both 26) thinking of booking this hotel for mid september. will the weather be ok then? also, any thoughts on hotel would be good and if you think we would like the resort. thanks.
Hi claireg,

will the weather be ok then?

Will it be OK in the UK then?

No crystal ball, I'm afraid - I was in the Albena/Varna area in the middle of last September and the weather was variable with some heavy showers, the previous year it was hot & sunny with very little rain.

....if you think we would like the resort

As a resort, Albena is, in my opinion, much nicer but somewhat quieter than the larger resorts like Golden Sands or Sunny Beach - others may prefer those resorts.
Well, the hotel is reviewed here -

Gergana

The resort here -

Albena

And the weather here -

weather

There are also reviews on other hotels in other resorts, but the weather you have no choice over!!

Peter
Hey everyone :D
I was wondering if anyone on this website has been to Gergana beach hotel if so could you please tell me what it is like E.G. food,rooms,staff ECT !!

Thankyou All

MissDior
Hi missdior,

There are reviews of the Gergana in our Hotel Reviews Section :wink:

<Edit:> Albena also features in our Resort Reports

Baldur
I Went there last year with my two children. had a fantastic time, when are you thinking of going?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.