Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
hi all, im travelling to sunny beach in a few weeks time i didnt book the tranfers with my holiday as i was told u could get a taxi cheaper any1 know how much they cost and do they always sit outside the airport
I think I read it's about 50Lv. ALWAYS agree a price before you get in the cab who will be hanging around arrivals when you have picked up your luggage.

John
Hi, the taxi's are just on your right as you come out of the airport, the price depends your negotiating skills, anything from 35 Leva up, depending how busy they are. The transfer will take about 15mins to the centre of Sunny Beach 8) , Paul.
thanx for the information my wife was a bit worried incase we couldnt get a taxi
Hi dangermouse 1 and welcome to HT!

Please do not post in phone text style, eg u instead of you, any1 instead of anyone, thanx instead of thanks, as per the T&C's you have just agreed to.

Some of our visually impaired members use screen readers which do not recognise this type of text.

luci :wave
We have booked with Balkan Holidays to fly from Bristol to Varna and stay at Golden Sands as we visited there 3 years ago and have been longing to go back.

However, they have now sent us a letter saying that the flight has been changed from Varna to Bourgas and there will be a transfer coach to Golden Sands. As we are travelling with two small children (aged 4 and 1) we chose Varna for its close transfer distance, and dont really fancy travelling from Bourgas.

Does anyone know what it is like travelling from Bourgas to Golden Sands, and how long it should take (we will be arriving at Bourgas at around 22.30hrs). Or is there any other company who will fly from Cardiff or Bristol to Varna. I can't seem to find anything.

Looks like we might have to chose somewhere else otherwise.
Hi cornetjo,

It's around 130 kilometres (roughly 81 miles) from Bourgas Airport to Golden Sands, probably a 2 hour or so journey by coach transfer.

Most of the journey will be on the main E87 coastal road.

I live near Cardiff and have flown from both Cardiff & Bristol in the past with Balkan Holidays but nowadays I always fly from Gatwick, because the BA and/or Bulgaria Air scheduled flights to Varna suit me better than tour operators' charters.

If you have already booked, you may find THIS THREAD of interest.

Baldur
Hi have you spoken to anyone at Balkan. We think they are now going to make us fly back to manchester from Bourgas as there is no flight due to leave Varna on the day we come home.Balkan wont give me any details as yet about the change of flight .they just said they will get back to me by next wednesday. have you asked to cancell.
We have asked to cancel as I would prefer to go to a different country rather than go Sunny Beach, or have to endure the transfer. However, as it is not seen as a "significant change" there is no way we are allowed to cancel and have a full refund, only have compensation. If our UK airports were changed, or our resort or accommodation were changed THEN we would be allowed to cancel and have a full refund.

I can't see how a change of airport in this country is seen as a significant change, yet a change of airport in another country is not seen as a significant change.

There is no way I am booking with Balkan Holidays again!!
I found that hard to understand as well,that its not a significant change just because its a different country.
when are you due to go, because when i phoned them today shesaid most of the manchester flights are going to other airports to pick up.
I was hoping our retuen flight will have altered by at least 12 hours and then we could have our money back.
Like you i will never book with balkan gain.
planning a 2 week holiday to golden sands in august,booking flights and hotel myself,i have found cheap flights to bourgas from glasgow but was planning staying in golden sands.does anyone know where i would get transfers from bourgas to golden sands and how much it would cost,or would it be better getting a taxi at the airport and how much it would cost to golden sands.also how long does it take.
Hi Alison,

It's around 131 kilometres (just over 81 miles) from Burgas Airport to Golden Sands, according to BGMaps route planner, which estimates the journey time at 3 hours 18 mins.

Airport taxis charge anywhere from 50 Leva upwards just for the 33 kilometres to Sunny Beach - I'll leave you to do the maths.... :wink:

Baldur
I travelled from Bourgas to Albena on the 23rd may in a mini bus it took over 3 hours It will take longer in a bigger bus,hope that helps.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.