Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
great stuff, thanks for the info, appreciated :)
some great info on prices here, thanks for that, cant wait for august to check out the czech brews :D
We are off to Prague in August, are highchairs readily available in restaurants ? does anyone have any tips, do's and don'ts. Is the zoo worth a visit?

we took our 2 kids in feb, they are 12 and nearly 14.
sorry can't really help about the high chairs but i must say i didn't see any.
maybe they were tucked away. how old is your little one might be worth your while taking one of the little ones that you can fasten onto the table.
the zoo was quite good but is having a lot of building work due to the bad flood they had a couple of years ago which washed alot of the enclosures away.
hope you enjoy your trip. we did it is such a beautiful city. the kids were welcome everywhere.
ali
Thanks for your help, our daughter is 1 so we might take a booster seat with us. Think we will go to the zoo if we run out of things to do.
definately stay in the old town - means you are close to everything and its great to walk out your hotel and have such stunning views! also means you are within walking distance of old town square, charles bridge, etc as feet can get sore with all the walking you will do.....
i am off to prague in august for 4 days, i looked at certain areas and decided to go for one a little further out in vysehrad at the corinthia towers hotel

http://towers.corinthia.cz/en/index.asp

it seems to have its own metro station and is 2 stops from muzeum which seems ok

i was undecided between the kk fenix hotel in wenceslas square or the corinthia but the corinthia was about 100 pounds cheaper for the 3 nights than the kk fenix so i went with that, plus the kk is 4 star and the corinthia is 5 star.

only time will tell if i made the right decision :)
Personally i would say that prague is not for children depending on age, a lot of walking and if the children are in pushchairs the roads and side streets are mostly cobbled which i imagine would be rather uncomfortable and harder to push.
We are thinking of going for 3 days early December, is it best to stay in Wenclas Square or the Old Town or are both these places near to each other ie within walking distance and can anybody recommend some nice fairly cheap hotels?

thanks

polly
Hi Polly ... I have transferred your enquiry here from our Northern Europe forum, so you should now be able to find lots of discussion about Prague in this forum which you may not have seen before.

In addition, please check out this topic in our City Breaks forum:
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=12337

David :wave
Thanks David, I really should have concentrated more on my geography lessons at school then I would have know just which part of Europe Prague is in :oops:

Cheers

polly
Hi Polly :wave

I'm off to Prague this month and have booked the Express by Holiday Inn, Prague City Centre. More info. on ichotelsgroup.com

The rate is usually around the 100 euros per room per night and includes breakfast. I picked it as it's very new, only opened in June this year, but it has been a traditional 19th Century building that's been renovated. It's location is a 10 minute walk from the Old Town. I've also had the hotel arrange my airport pick up and return which was £15 each way for 4 passengers.

I've stayed in a new Express by Holiday Inn in Berlin this year and it was excellent, so thought I'd give this one a go.

I'll let you know when I get back what it's like, if you haven't already booked something by then. :D
Polly
When booking for my parents I was warned not to stay near the Square- too seedy. I booked them in at Cloisters- which has had several recommendtions here and on other sites.
http://www.cloister-inn.com/Default.aspx
They don't go till August.
i read elsewhere that the main square(wenceslas) is a red light district at night and has a few strip clubs next to the hotel kk fenix which was one i was looking at staying in :(
i went for one further out in a place called vysehrad which is two metro stops away from muzeum which didnt sound bad to me, and plan on buying a 3 day bus/metro pass to allow easy travel.

i will be there august bank holiday weekend for 4days/3 nights.

http://towers.corinthia.cz/en/index.asp
Thanks for all your help folks

Have got my eye on a couple of hotels near the Charles Bridge that are offering 4 nights for 3, cannot remember their names let alone pronounce a few of them, they are on the http://www.pragueexperience.com website, will check out the ones you have all mentioned as well though.

We are now thinking of going from 11th -14/15th December,please, please tell me that there is a good chance of it snowing then, I know it will be cold (warm wine on offer at the Christmas markets I am led to believe though :) ) but snow would just about do it for me :wink:

Cheers

Polly
Hi Polly

As Fiona says, the Cloister Inn scores very well on Tripadvisor and I've booked quite a few people into that one, as it's well located. http://www.tcsignature.com (click on 'signature direct' then select 'room service') has it on 4 nights for the price of 3 during your dates, which would work out at £218.00 in total, including buffet breakfast. (£27.25 per person per night based on 2 sharing). :D
We stayed here - http://www.pragueholiday.cz/usuteru.html
It's a quiet side street not far from the national theatre and as it's so quiet you can get a decent night's sleep.
We booked a deluxe room and it was really big with a view over the street below. The staff are all really friendly and organised us a provate taxi to and from the airport.
Location wise, it only takes about 5 mins to walk to the Square and about 10 to the Bridge.
One thing I would add is that most of the streets are cobbled so tell them to take care and make sure they have sturdy walking shoes.
(not wanting to sound rude it's just that I know it wouldn't be any good for my mum and her bad ankle)
we have just come back from honeymoon and stayed in the city moran hotel, its 4 star and was a lovely hotel think its 90 euro a double room b&b and about 15 mins walk to wenceslas sq and charles bridge, its 5 mins walk to the river, quiet area but not far away from anywhere, so i would recommend this hotel,its got a website
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.