Eastern Europe Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Eastern Europe
Prague
117 Posts
That resturant looks familiar dusty . is it along the road where you get the lift up the petrin hill

That's the one and the photo with posh nosh is the restaurant half way up the hill. We stayed in the Atos, yards away from that restaurant and hill .

Thanks guys for the kind replies regarding my photos :D
I also enjoyed your photos of Prague. It is my favourite city and I have a very soft spot for it as my father was Czech - but unfortunately I don't speak the language. We've visted several times now since our first visit in to Prague in '91 and as you can imagine we've seen some changes. Our last visit was between Chritmas and New Year and I have some pictures on here:

http://www.worldisround.com/articles/322640/index.html

Ellie_meg - I'm sure you would be welcomed by your extended family, as we were by mine, who live in northern Moravia. There are some lovely areas in the Czech Republic, generally unknown by UK tourists - and unbelievably cheap!
lots more lovely pictures . brilliant Maria :D

lyn
thanks for sharing the photos with us both of you

my husband has visited his family a few times and said they were very welcoming and proud of having uk relations lol, 1 day ill get there again
hi all

going to prague in june, need some information on money to take there. i don't want to take much in the way of koruna's, can you use euro's or sterling over there? or change it over there? if you change it over there do they charge a commission?

hope someone can help on this

many thanks
hi

the exchange rate over there isnt as good as the uk, a lot of exchange offices charge high commission and we saw a lot of arguments whilst there with people who thought they were getting a good rate but the rates were advertised craftily and when you got the money it was the buying rate not selling so be careful about this, i would try and change as much as possible here or maybe your hotel might be a better exchange rate
Hi donrdt

I have merged your post with existing topics on Prague so you may find some useful information in earlier posts. I believe there is also a topic on Prague in our City Breaks forum.

luci :wave
Hi. We're planning to go to Prague early December for the Christmas Market. Can anyone recommend and nice hotel close by to all the activity! Nothing too expensive but somewhere comfortable and with a decent breakfast!! :P
Also, any recommendations on who to book package breaks through would be good. I've been looking at Online Travel and they seem to be very cheap, but anything other ideas would be greatly appreciated. Many Thanks.. :D
Merged with an existing topic which may have some useful information. I think there is also a topic on Prague in our City Breaks forum.

NicRamzi I would suggest to you the Arcadia Residence it's a small family run business and it's a wonderful place, the hotel itself is quite out of the way, however they have some appartments in which I stayed right smack bang near the gothic church and famous square, ideal for the christmas markets.

Pasquale is a fantastic host and will do anything for you and their very reasonably priced!!
hi i'm due to travel to prague on friday someone in the party doesn't drink beer!!! can she get bacardi n diet coke or would white wine be a better choice.
Merged with existing topic which may have some information.

Hi! I'm planning to visit Prague around Christmas, but I heard that most bars, shops and clubs are closed at that time of the year. Is that true? I dont want to spend Christmas Eve at the hotel's restaurant or in some corner pub... :?
Hi
I'm going to Prague from the 1st-5th June with 3 other couples and staying at the Savic Hotel in the Old Town area. Really looking forward to it and got a great deal with alpharooms paid £109 per room per night including breakfast, no one else came close to this price. What I was wondering is will we have any difficulty eating out as a party of 8 just walking into resturants or will we need to book in advance. :que We all went to Rome last year and had no problem but obviously Prague is a much smaller city.
fabulous pictures Dustyjoe ;) thank you for sharing them with us . Is was only a couple of years ago that we were there but keep saying we must go back and do more outside of the city :)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.