Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
you would have thought so wouldnt you!!

when we booked our hols it cost us £100 less each to go on a monday instead of the sunday :que I do realise that you pay more for a weekend but it just suprised me that it was that much each!! so guess what we are going on monday! why anyone would pay £100 more to go a day earlier i have no idea!
hi

funnily enough after i had booked and paid for my holiday i went home and checked the website and it would have cost me 90quid less to travel on the sunday instead of the monday....when i queried this i was told that the duty was less on the sunday than the monday.....i think they charge what they fancy myself....lol

angie xx
I think you are right angieh they must just charge whatever they feel like, it is crazy :scratch:
but what can you do?
Manchester to Goa, India
Price includes 15kg pp hold baggage!! £457.50
Was (£467.50)
Per Adult
Monday 16 March 2009 14 Nights

Gatwick to Goa, India
Price includes 20kg pp hold baggage!! £264.00
Was (£269.00)
Per Adult
Friday 13 March 2009 14 Nights

The above price difference really annoys me both flying Monarch nearly £200 difference and more luggage allowance from Gatwick :( What North South divide ???
wow thats a huge difference isnt it!!

I would mind less if manchester was a little airport or more expensive to operate from but it is a huge international airport there should be no difference!! :que
MCB although you are on about January 2010, I booked in October 2008 to go on the 16th February 2009. Both the brochure prices and online prices were around that price.

I just chanced it and rang a local Thomas Cook shop up, and asked for the availability and price for this particular date. The price was quoted more or less as per the online price including discounts, however, I told them I'd been offered it cheaper and could they match or better it. They did, and it ended up costing just over £1,200 for me and the missus, flying from Manchester.

So although I may be teaching you to suck eggs, ring around and blag them to get a better price.
you would have thought so wouldnt you!!

when we booked our hols it cost us £100 less each to go on a monday instead of the sunday I do realise that you pay more for a weekend but it just suprised me that it was that much each!! so guess what we are going on monday! why anyone would pay £100 more to go a day earlier i have no idea!

We have no choice I am afraid.My OH finds it extremely difficult to book holidays that start on weekdays.Really p****s me off but just have to get used to it.

Papa
Well Papa if you dont have a choice then poor you gets stuck with the silly charges dont you :(

You are going again soon arent you?? :tup
28th Feb.1930 hours.Not that I am counting or anything ;) ;)

Papa
papa :rofl :rofl

i can tell you are not counting!! we have 77 hours and 9 mins or thereabouts I am not counting either!! ;)
Oh poor MCB!! :(

I have another holiday planned in that time! (not that I am trying to make you jealous or anything!!) :twisted:
15 days 6 hours 23 minutes. :D :D

Papa
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.