Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Thanks Poppetjay a sound piece of information. Its something ive never paid much attention to but I will from now on. We usually buy some "cheap" meds to bring back home.
A wee bit off topic perhaps but sadly its just another story about British etc being ripped off while in Goa. All of this taken into account I can see my love affair with Goa ending or at the very least cooling off, ive had enough I think.
Hi there,

If thats the chemist opposite the Snow White Laundry, we had the same problem in Jan 2008. My hubby refused to pay and gave the tablets back.

What a rip off. We tend to use the Chemist up the other end of Candolim now just past the main Panjim Road, he is always busy with locals and tourist.
I think that this is because the chemists are now aware of how cheap medication is over there.......and what you can buy! :yikes

Had quite a long conversation with one over there in Calungute (after being given wrong information by another). We buy our medication over there because to us it's so cheap, but the locals can rarely afford a course of antibiotics.

Of course it still doesn't make it right that they try and charge us over and above the RRP.
Of course it still doesn't make it right that they try and charge us over and above the RRP.

Exactly Celcat and thats the point here, its simply not on :(
We were also over charged opp snow white laundry,did not realize untill we bought more
of the same tablets at the one the other end[some where opp Ruffles],to late to go back
it was our last day :cry
ann
What a shame Ann.
However its good that a member has brought the situation to light and perhaps its a one off case of overcharging from this one particular chemist and we all know to avoid it.
My other half got over charged at this chemist too.

Theres another one close by up the side between the Snowwhite Restuarant and the Market where we usually go and the girl who serves in here is really nice she always remembers my hubby ( probably thinks hes a big hypocondriac (sp)) and always charges us the price showing.
I too use the one behind the market and have done so for many years. The lady always remembers me and you get excellent service with no hint of being ripped off.
Candybabe
All you Englanders should holiday in Scotland nesxt year when prescription charges are abolished. Save you going all the way to Goa :rofl
Whilst we were out my other half had a bad dose of the runs (for 36 hours), Our doctor reccomended the "Sawahl" chemist in the Lawande Centre (just out of Candolim on the Calangute road)- he even dropped us there.

We were charged MRP for all the medications (even rounded down the few paise at the end).

We also went back for Imodium for the journey back- 19.5 rupees for 10!!

Hope this helps

abomination
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.