Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
hi chilly i can believe it,as i have said ours rose by £300 overnight,it seems a lot of people are having this problem,when are you off on your travels
Hi Debs we leave in a few weeks but with this intense humidity right now might go off somewhere beforehand !!we have been thinking about it today.. :think hope you all good, I am so shocked by the prices I am hearing and wonder what will happen next season as the place is empty right now with many restaurants and places already closing including smaller shacks etc surely these prices will have to drop? Is it the flights causing the increase or the hotels/accommodation?
Chilly
hiya was chatting to a friend earlier she goes to creteeach year not able to go this year as the holiday has gone up£750 fo the 3 of them,i really don`t get it would have thought with the currant climate prices would have been kept lower.can`t imagine the weather your having i thought it couldn`t have got much hotter than when we were there in feb.
Booked this weekend, Glasgow to Goa with Emirates and Kingfisher via Dubai & Bombay £561, Ouality all the way.

Mike
Just this morning been quoted for a charter flight for November - flight only £439....PLUS 1 bag for the hold £30, fuel £40, duty £30, in flight meal £17 - total £556 - no gurantee of the carrier, could be TCX, could be Monarch. :shrug
Fizz

Just thought, I could always save on the in flight meal :yuck
£556 !!!!

Go to Mumbai with Emirates, then fly down internal.

I wouldn't give Monarch a penny!
BN - If I was travelling with my husband I would certainly consider it but I may be travelling alone - not sure if I am up to doing the "via Mumbai" thing on my own just yet!!!!!!!!! Having travelled direct twice on my own atleast I know I can manage that! ;) :tup Fizz
Fizzy2 i would sit and wait a while the prices are bound to come down...
I'm not so sure about that - if they are cutting capacity then I think the prices will remain "silly prices" especially if they think us repeaters will book "no matter what the cost" as we are so eager to return. I guess we shall have to all wait and see and just keep our eyes well and truly peeled for any hint of a good deal. I'm not really in a hurry to book just yet (unless the price is right) ;) The days seem to have long gone where you could phone up all the companies and play them off against each other and haggle......I used to love doing that :D Fizz
Fizzy2 we were quite fixed on not going this march when a GOOD friend on here told me of a really good price of a flight and we booked it and got our visa's all within 3 weeks and we had brill time...Lets hope something like that can happen again we live in hope.xx.
Good luck sleeps and if you hear of a good deal please share the info with me. :tup Fizz
I will do fizzy2 .If i am right i think you were on the same flight as us T/C gatwick 14-29th MARCH?
Sure was except we went out on the 7th. Same flight back as Polly50 and Colleen and via Hanover!!!!!!!!!!!!Fizz
Oh fizzy shame we never met,maybe next time...
Yes Sleeps, your right, there is always next time..........catch you at one of the meets. Fizz
Fizzy did you and sleeps not meet in molly's on st patricks night :que sleeps was there with me ..
Probably.........maybe.............think I had too many coffees.........sorry Sleeps if I have forgotten. :que :duh Fizz
Hi,
We have just booked 2 weeks for 1199.729 for the 2 of us flying out Mon Nov 9th from Manch with Thompson staying at the Luis Beach. Did'nt even pay a deposit at the time but have 2 months to come up with it. :cheers The young lady in Going Places was soooooooooo helpful. We were really chuffed with the price, Tour company Airtours (well there had to be a down side LOL). Anyone else flying out the same day/time. Drop us a line. :tup
Bye
Helen and Clive
hi
ive had a quote today to fly to goa in feb , although it has gone up about £60pp in about 4 hours its still not a bad price , it is flying with jet airways , when i asked about paying i was told to pay half now and the balance in 10 days , is this usual ? i thought you didnt have to pay the balance until 3 months before you fly.
thanks sharon.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.