Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Prices For 2010
95 Posts
Think you may well find tour operators reducing capacity further as the recession bites deeper.They will not want to see their margins suffer.Hang on and wait plenty of time yet.

Papa
we`ve just booked 3 weeks 6th of feb,with thomson,£2300,jumped in far too quick,same holiday with jewel in the crown £300 cheaper,also spoke to friends today they have booked 4 weeks with travel pack £999 each,(MD) i called thomson prepaired to loose the deposit, as it would have been worth it, but they said they would take me to court for the remainder of the deposit,it has really wound me up.
If you aren't happy with the holiday then just cancel it, you could be cancelling for a thousand different reasons, can't see them or any other holiday company taking anyone to court for cancelling their holiday.
I honestly don't understand why people complain about holiday prices in general. Its all down to personal choice. I pay for my flight and accommodation in Goa because that is where I want to go on holiday, I don't think Oh, I could go to Timbucktoo or whatever for the same price. If that's the case then why not book there in the first place - why is Goa the 'poor relation'
Once I have booked my holiday I am happy, why make yourself miserable by scouring around the internet trying to find the same holiday at a cheaper price, you invariably will. If you are happy to pay the price when you book, then go with it and have months of looking forward to your holiday rather than worrying about the fact that you could have saved a few bob by booking with another tour operator.
Roxey

I think Debs may have boked by paying a low deposit in which case the remainder of the deposit is due in about 2-3 months time. It clearly states in the terms and conditions of the low deposit that if you should cancel for any reason the remainder of the deposit will have to be paid. I don't think Thomsons are trying to recover the cost of the holiday just the remainder of the deposit.
Oh I see, sorry debs I didnt realise. Whatever you decide I am sure you won't mind so much when you get there :cheers
Jewel in the crown maybe cheaper than thomsons but i think that their flights are with monarch :yikes
yes your right i did pay the low deposit,but what i didn`t mention was that i called on the friday for a price, and when i called back the next day to book the price had risen by £300,but my fault entirely i should have done some research,but having just got back and still buzzing just jumped in, but your right it will be worth it.(i only came across the cheaper prices from friends that had booked i didn`t scour the internet looking)
Never mind Debs

I know I've been guilty of spending more on a holiday than I need to afraid I might not get exactly what I want if I waited.

At least you're booked, you've got what you want and can start looking forward to it.
cheers Dave`s wife for the positive reply,your so right,i have the holiday i want and the flights,only negative now is the 48 week countdown
Only 40 weeks for me Debs :) but when I get back you :( you'll only have a week to wait !!
Roxey I agree with you with regarding choosing your holiday destination, but what I find hard to take is a price increase of £250 for the same holiday (same dates as last year). I could understand if fuel prices were going up (but they appear to be coming down)or the hotel had undergone a massive revamp and its star rating changed but thats not happened. We have always rebooked for next year early,usually not long after our return as the hotel is popular and in the past if you did'nt b ook early there was no guarrantee you would get in. This year the hotel was only 70% booked for its peak period (Feb/March) and that was told to me by Edwin the manager and 95% of the bookings were taken by repeat visitors.Another reason we may wait for a while is that no matter how early you book you still are'nt guarranteed you get what you booked,this year they changed are flights & flight times and friends of ours who were going in Feb(for the 1st time) were informed that the hotel they had booked was overbooked and they would be staying at another hotel, this was 10 days before they were due to fly and they had booked in MARCH 08......
SORRY TO SOUND LIKE A MOANING MINNIE BUT JUST A BIT FRUSTRATED......Keith
Sorry just read my post back and I do sound a right b*****, apologies because I'm not honest :( my Goa holiday is the highlight of my year and after a blip in 1997 when I hated everything about it, my last holiday was fab and I cant wait to go back.
I havent looked at booking my next holiday yet which will be Jan 2010, I tend to book about 6 months in advance, I'm not expecting to pay much more than I did last year, hope I'm not sadly mistaken.
I didnt realise that you could be forced to pay the full deposit if you changed your mind, and its terrible that the price went up £300 overnight, how on earth can they justify that.
Just a thought might it be worthwhile trying to book a room at the hotel and the flight independently. Apparently Kingfisher Airlines are offering very low cost flights.
Anyway, apologies Debs and KJF I was rude and sharp, note to self, one of my mothers sayings, please engage brain before operating mouth, or in this case keyboard!!! hope you have lovely holidays wherever and whenever you decide to go.
Cxx
hi Roxey,glad to say i`ve finished moaning now,as my mum say`s you can`t wait for anything.already wishing the year away.x
debs16 wrote:
hi Roxey,glad to say i`ve finished moaning now,as my mum say`s you can`t wait for anything.already wishing the year away.x
Don't worry Debs! We are all the same! :que X
I thought I would book apartment and flights separately for a change. Looked at prices, they seemed a bit high, found a really nice apartment and put a deposit down, Since then, flights have increased horrendously!

After reading various forums, I 'd like to try Kingfisher ailines, but they are $800 each for two weeks in Feb 2010. Does anyone know of their prices come down if Im brave and leave it till nearer the time>?
Hi Nanette i just don't think anyone can truly answer that in the current climate, its always a hard decision knowing whether to wait or book, i always feel better once i have things all booked though and can relax and stop getting strung out searching...look forward to seeing you next year Debs, where you staying? ;)
chilly
hi chilly
back on the 6th of feb, staying at the MD.it seems so far away,am wishing my life away x
dont do that Debs!!!! it will come soon enough!! had another great meet tonight at the carvery with some new and old faces ;) you will be an old face next time you come :rofl
chilly x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.