Greece - Corfu Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Corfu.
Hi Mikezoe, My wife and I used to lug our parasol wirh us on every holiday but we now find that we are far more comfortable on a sunlounger with parasol that we pay for. In Acharavi we have used the same person on the beach for the last 5 tears and after the first year we were given a discount by the owner. The consession changed hands but the price remained the same to us. As for your query, I think it is a matter of common courtesy to realise that the paying customer needs to change the position of the lounger or the parasol to follow the sun or shade, so just allow a decent distance for this to take place and everyone will be happy. I think the only objestion to anyone using their own equipment is if they get far too close to people. I would not intrude between sun loungers but the side is O.K. at either end of a row. Indeed you can see many Greek families on the beaches of a week-end and they seem to naturally observe these courtesies. Hope this helps and have good holidays wherever you go. Please give Acharavi on Corfu a try it is a great little place. Dave Morrison. a.k.a. Peter Pan of Acharavi.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.