Help And Assistance

Need help and advice on using this forum? Post your queries in here.
Problem with PMs
16 Posts
if it is showing in your out folder it means they have not opened it at their end..maybe they dont realise they have to go to their message folder to retrieve them

wizard
  • Edited by Wizard 2006-12-12 16:27:04
it could also be that you have used the wrong name.
Hi

:? :? I have PMs in my sent box but they are not in my out box - does this mean that they have not been read OR that I have done something wrong when posting them :?: :?:

I have been wondering why I haven't received any replies!!!!!!!!!
If they're in your sentbox they've been read, if they're in your outbox, they haven't :wink: So don't delete anything from your outbox!
No - I didn't send it to the wrong PM address as I used the one from the 'profile'. As I was waiting for one to say my letter had been received I checked my in-box daily and it never appeared, though I was told on the telepone that it had been sent. It seems that it must remain one of life's little mysteries. :?
Hi aslemma .... when you send a PM, it would remain in your Outbox until it has been read by the recipient, at which point it moves to your Sentbox. But you say the PM which you sent is in your Inbox. That certainly shouldn't be the case, only incoming mail should be in your Inbox. Is that correct, or is it sitting in one of the other boxes ? Could whatever is in the Inbox be the missing message from your friend ?

David :wave
Sorry David - I meant it is in my outbox :oops: so I realised she had never read it, which is why I telephoned her. She told me that she checks for PMs regularly and also said she had sent me one to confirm receipt of my letter which I've never received. It doesn't usually happen I know and I've received PMs recently from other people so I'm prepared it seems the mystery must remain.
  • Edited by Aslemma 2006-12-12 23:06:40
Let's blame it on the Christmas mail !! :wink
Having a few problems with my pms since yesterday so hope mods can help me sort. When I try to send a reply to a message it won't send just brings me back to my Inbox, and the message that I was trying to reply to has disappeared from the Inbox. Also last night I sent a PM and later got an email to say I had a new private message but when I tried to read it on the site it showed an older message which I had already previously read and no new message appeared. Can't understand why this has suddenly happened. Help please. Karen
Ooo not sure Karen - sounds a strange one.

I assume that your mailboxes aren't all full ??

kath HT Admin
Hi, Kath Had checked that and no they are ok. Is there anyway you hold records of messages sent to me. Its just really the one from last night I am after as the person concerned has gone on hols so I can't contact them direct. Thanks Karen
Hi Karen ... I think Kath may have gone offline now, but we do not have access to your PM records.

Was it a new message that you were trying to reply to, rather than one which had been sitting in your Inbox for a while ? That has happened to me a few times, if I happen to open a new PM at the exact same time as the sender decides to delete it. I can initially read it, but attempting to reply fails, and then the copy of the message disappears from my Inbox.

Likewise, if you receive an e-mail notification but there is no new PM in your Inbox, it could be that the sender has decided to delete it before you had a chance to pick it up.

Unless there is some unexplained technical glitch, it could just be that the sender is deleting those messages before you have a chance to read them, or by coincidence, at exactly the same time as you try to read them.

David, I understand your point but don't think this is the case as I have been in contact with the 2 people involved for the past few weeks and they don't appear to delete message as I have all the other message they have sent in my inbox and my replies in the sent box.
I first noticed the problem last night when I tried to read a reply to a pm I had sent. Then tonight I received a pm answered it, they replied back, I tried to reply back but was taken to my inbox when I pressed send and noticed that the second message wasn't there. I finally replied through the first message and then the exact same thing happened again. Strange but true. Karen
Hi,

Could you PM me with the name of the recipient.

Mark :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.