Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Well I wouldn't worry if I was you. You got a price, checked it several times, booked, paid and received confirmation for it- A genuine good deal I'd say. The only thing that's bugging me is what was the incident number for? do you mean a booking reference number? Somebody here may correct me but I'm sure if you've paid the price asked for, that they can't come back and ask you for more. The hotel reception certainly shouldn't be able to and I don't think the TO can either. I wonder what the rest of our members think.
If you've got confirmations confirming prices etc. and everything is booked I really don't think they can come back to you at all. They offered and you bought. Not a lot they can do once you've got the paperwork. As shirley says, the hotel certainly cannot ask you for more money. They won't know how much you've paid anyway.

It happened once to us years ago, I booked a holiday through an agent, got free child place and really cheap price. I did query it. She rang the tour op who said the 1 week price had been loaded up for a fortnight as well, but if I booked it, they would have to honour it. So I did. The tour op did go back to the agent trying to extract more money, but was told no as it had been confirmed at a price, they had to honour that price.
Hi shirley, thanks :tup , the incident number was sent to me in a bog standard reply email afterwards from the customer services dept I called , I am assuming it was because I was querying a price and informing them of a possible error if it wasnt part of the sale and that they were passing onto IT dept to rectify if neccessary and because I had mentioned that if they did want the extra money I wouldnt have it for 2 weeks or so, I was worried they may ask for it after booking, thats when she went away to speak with someone and came back and said book it now they will have to honour it, just make sure you take screen shots (which i did) ) when I go back to check my booking its all fine and dandy and says my hotel voucher will have been emailed to me, although I can view it online too, the only other email I received from them was a customer service questionaire for service received re my calling them which came yesterday. as said the money has gone from my account (plus it immediately showed as £563 gone off my available funds when i checked bank) and I have filled in all the additional info required by the airline eg passport etc (this is who i have booked direct with) and am sat here with the actual voucher thats needed to be given to the hotel.

after my call I did keep checking back to the site to see if the pricing changed and for almost 2 hours the site was down for maintenance, or very intermittent, since then 13th onwards the price still shows as in the £500's for 2 adults 1 child, my flights were £340 with luggage so basically I have only paid £223 for 3 of us for 2 weeks all inc for the hotel, all other sites are quoting aprox £1200 for same hotel board and flights now, yet this one has had ample time to rectify if it was a mistake but they havnt after being informed.
cheers sunaddict thats great to know too, methinks the hotel price is for one person only and somehow the system isnt calculating correctly but as said I did inform them and was honest with tem and they still told me to book, good point on the voucher too, yep they wont know how much was paid will they.... such a shame I didnt book the 5* that was coming up at £900 for all of us :rofl but hey I aint greedy and really wouldnt have had the extra had they been able to demand it :cheers
Having worked for what used to be one of the big 3 UK tour operators, we were always informed that once the invoice had been run off automatically by the system (usually at midnight the same day of booking), nothing could be done.

However, if a problem was spotted between booking and the invoice run - then potentially there was an option to contact the person who made the reservation and/or cancel the booking.

It was one of the ways that staff used to find some great deals for their families and friends!

Shell
Limassol, Cyprus
I think you should be OK. You have done everything right so try not to worry.

Similar happened to me Shell - Last year I booked a holiday before I went to work, the TO took the full amount,
emailed me all the confirmation/receipt details etc (including a letter congratulating me on my choice) and on my return late afternoon,
I had another email from them cancelling the holiday due to an error in the price.
I said Icouldn't cancel that holiday just like that but she said they can and did! .
Had to wait quite a while to get my money back too!

Ozzie, the difference between your and my holiday was mine was cancelled by them on the day of booking but you have spoken to someone and took their advice. Just look forward to it.
If they are still advertising at a good price, could you let me know the name of the Company cos I love a bargain and could do with a holiday.
I've read this post with great interest and I'm so happy you got a fantastic deal ! doesn't happen very often nowadays, so grand job, i'm with somersetsuzie on this one, share the details of this bargain with us !! :tup
Maybe it's a cracking deal!

Can we know what it is or are you still concerned?
I would love to surprise my family with a holiday, last year was very tough!

Jules x
if I am allowed to... it was an easyjet holiday (go on, all say oh your stuffed now :rofl ) ncl-faro staying at the auramar beach resort 2 weeks all inc in april , I tried to look again late last night to see if they had sorted it but the hol site was down for maintenance so maybe sorting it out now.... :que reviews for hotel are more for, than against, I know 3 who have stayed there and for the price so long as you get a newer room its fab -food basic etc, but for me I was originally booking just for the price for a nice area, basic base etcfor our hols nothing more as my mam has a car based in olhao and we plan to roam ( as I have a 3 year old and she lives on Culatra on a yacht that is being renovated, so no electric and only a porta loo at the mo :yikes I needed a proper roof and loo etc) so , my friend was looking to book and is waiting for a cheque to clear, she put it through the other day and forgot to add her daughter on in the drop down box and it showed full price,,, as soon as she added her daughter it dropped, so its very confusing, best of luck in getting a deal :tup
forgot to say , I did the holiday search for albufeira inc flights and all hotels available came up then I clicked #board# to change it to price them all for all inc, if you get a deal make sure your there over the 14th and we can have a big party for my hubbys bday :cheers
just checked...site STILL down... I guess there may now have been massive problems with other destinations?? and not just the 4 hotels I spotted.....in albufeira..... hmmm wonder if its related or not, if it is they have taken a silly length of time to do something about it as they were warned on the 12th jan...I watch with abatyed breath and anticipation of the blimmin phone ringing :yikes
I think you may have been lucky and got a cracking deal. Just had a quick look on Expedia for this hotel and it has rates for £22 a night for the first two weeks in April. That was B&B but sometimes places do all inclusive upgrades for something silly like 1p (I have seen this before with First Choice). Reason I looked on Expedia is something similar happened to me found flights and 4* hotel in Malta for something silly like £150 per person for a week checked on Expedia and checked with hotel directly and prices were correct so I booked. No issues as yet and we booked before xmas, although we booked directly with hotel and have confirmation from them on price.
Hi kim, great deal on malta, well found :tup Easyjet holiday website is still down...thats aprox 37 hours now.... so think its def a pricing problem rather than a great deal as surely they wouldnt be keeping the site down this long when everywhere else is offering sales etc and they would be losing out big time... best thing it they were told about possible problem on 12 jan so have taken an awful long time to act, assuming thats what its down for. It was happening on 4 hotels alone in albufeira, maybe its been happening at/in other destinations too, dropped a big booboo if thats the case :yikes
I remember booking an all inc deal once a long time ago ! (the alloc on arrival deals - don t see them so much any more! ) , it was a 5 * deal alloc on arrival with thomson to St Lucia , price £999 ,could nt believe the price as the only property in their brochure at that time :rofl which was 5* was Sandals so customer booked straight away ! The very next day the price went up to £1999 but they honoured it , think they had missed the one off when loading on the details !!! It was for new year too !!! And yes the customer did end up in sandals !!!! Best bargain ever !!! x
Hi
The easyjet holiday prices have been lowering by over a half on alot of holidays for a few months now as we have booked a 2 week all inclusive 5 star holiday to Kos in June for just over £900 (the price was £1800 but dropped to the £900 price on the confirm page).
We booked ours early december 2010. We have been in touch with the hotel by email to confirm our booking but they haven't received it yet which is worrying, also i have read that easyjet holidays were in partnership with Hotelopia but are now in the process of using Lowcost for the hotel part of the booking.
Can they cancel the holiday if there has been a mistake on their part? as if any of us wanted to cancel a holiday for a mistake we made we would get hit with loads of charges.
Blimey they have dropped a big booboo then havnt they :yikes well as far as I am concerned if thats the case they have more than had ample time to rectify the problem as surely to goodness someone in their IT/sales dept/etc would/should have noticed the problems with the price before now, and also acted quicker in sorting the site and informing customers if there was a problem with the holiday. BBB thats a fab deal too and as the easyjet hol website is still down, my guess is that they are over hauling the whole pricing issue, I believe in both our cases they have had more than ample time to contact us re the price we have paid, also I was told to book and they would honour it so they would have to argue their way out of that one too and I wont walk away without a fight if it comes to it :duh.

there are 2 of us alone on here so at least we can keep each other informed if any contact is made re the 'issue' as for the booking BBB sometimes hotels dont get our bookings (names etc) until a few days before we are due to arrive, Off to try to find an email addy for mine now, just to see out of interest if they have anything on me.
Usually, the guest list is only sent to your chosen accommodation by your tour op/local agent between 2 and 4 weeks prior to your arrival so don't be shocked if they say they don't have your reservation.

I've booked with independent operators TR, Sunshine etc and have waited to contact the accommodation in the last 2wks before my arrival with any special requests or for information and have never had a problem with them not being aware of my reservation.

Usually, an operator will buy an allocation for a number of rooms at a hotel and if they don't fill them up to a specified number of days before arrivals, they allow the hotel to take them back and sell them privately. Some hotels buy an allocation for the whole of the season and these are often referred to as guarantees. They are usually the accommodations that will appear in the very first brochure of the season and also used for Allocation on Arrival holidays. It's one of the reasons why sometimes you can pick up a holiday brochure and not find a hotel that you know that tour operator uses - but if generally is available in a later edition. Tour operators want to fill the rooms they've purchased in advance and it also gets bums on seats in the aircraft.

I am aware of apartments and hotels in Spain, Canaries, Portugal, Turkey and Cyprus that tour operators have purchased on guarantee basis at less than 5GBP per room per night during early and late season and less than 10GBP for a room on half board basis. So there are always bargains to be had.

Shell
Cyprus
I think you may find if it is a genuine mistake and a computer error they will not honour it.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.