Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I do hope you do get the holiday best of luck
I don't think there's a lot they can do about it now. There is a contract in place.
I think you may find if it is a genuine mistake and a computer error they will not honour it.

Once the documentation has been processed, it's a binding contract and they will have to honour it. The operator pays the hotel a fixed price per room based on the contract they personally agreed prior to advertising the accommodation/holiday.

Any problems due to incorrect pricing is now between the tour operator/agent and the hotel - it should not be of concern to the customer.

Two or three years ago, I tried to arrange to stay at the same hotel as my friend in Limassol for 1 night. I asked at the reception and was given a price, I emailed and got a different price from the reservations manager who also telephoned me with the price (his was a little lower than that quoted by reception) and then I found a really good price with Expedia for 1 night on BB with Free half board at an even lower price than that quoted by the hotel - so I booked it.

I got my voucher emailed directly and went down a couple of days later ready for my night with my friend. When I went to check in, the reception called over the manager. He informed me that I couldn't have my meal in the restaurant as they had only been paid for the BB price. I told him that was not my problem and my confirmation showed 1 single room on half board basis and that's what I was expecting. All this took place at the reception in front of other customers, which peed me off to a fine tune!

I told him I was going to my room and I would be eating in the dining room with my friend that evening. I also told him if he still had a problem with that, then he should take it up directly with Expedia and sort it out with them as it was Expedia who my contract was with - not the hotel.

An hour later, he phoned me in my room and told me he had spoken with Expedia and everything was okay - I could have my meal. LOL

I also contacted Expedia by email and informed them of the events upon arriving at the hotel and that I felt it totally inappropriate that the manager should speak to me in front of other guests let alone discussing the cost of his rooms and refusing me my evening meal. They replied indicating they would take up the issue with the supplier/hotel and gave me a £25 voucher off another room or holiday!

Shell
Cyprus
Easyjet holiday website is now up and running and the prices have also drastically increased (our holiday price has increased from £900 to £2100) so i'm guessing there may have been a error or the discounts have been removed, either way i still expect our holiday booking to be honoured...
thanks everyone for such helpfull info :tup

Just noticed that too BBB, my hol is now £1445 a good £200 more than it was just before I booked... I am expecting them to honour it too, such a silly expensive mistake they have made but from december more than enough time to fix, lets hope soon we will be enjoying our cheap holiday without worrying..... esp me as the hotel reviews for auramar lately have been poop but for the price I have paid its a roof with a loo for next to nowt if nothing else :cheers
very interesting reading cyprus :tup thankyou :) I just spotted this on CAB website and I dont feel worried anymore together with your info and this...

Price increases
Whether or not you have to pay an increased price or a surcharge on your holiday, depends on whether the holiday has actually been booked and confirmed.

If the booking has not been accepted or confirmed, no contract has been made and the price can be increased.

If the booking has been accepted and confirmed you will only have to pay the increase or a surcharge if the booking conditions allow for this. Sometimes the agreement allows an increase or a surcharge, but limits when one can be made. In this case, you will have to pay the increase or a surcharge only if it is allowed by the contract.

It is a criminal offence to give misleading or false information about prices. This would include not making it clear that the price may be increased and the circumstances in which this might happen. If you think a price you have been given is misleading, you should complain to Consumer Direct on: 08454 04 05 06.

Price increases to package holidays
When you book a package holiday, you are entering into a contract with the holiday trader which must contain details of the price of the holiday and the circumstances under which the price can be increased. There are special rules about when the price of a package holiday can be changed. After you have bought a package holiday, the price can only be changed if:-

"¢your contract includes a term which says how the price change will be calculated; and
"¢the increase or decrease is only going to happen because of a change in the cost of the transportation, fees and taxes or changes to the exchange rate; and
"¢there are at least 30 days before your departure; and
"¢the increase is greater than 2%.
If all of these conditions are not met, the price of a package holiday cannot be changed. If the conditions are met and the increase in price is 10% or more, it is likely that you will be able either to choose an alternative holiday or to cancel the holiday. This is because this would be seen as a significant change to your holiday (see under heading Changes to your holiday, below).
well, a friend has just returned from the hotel we are staying at and also, reviews over the past few weeks for the hotel arnt looking good re lots of cases of D & sickness some severe, my friend, her partner and 2 kids both had bad bouts one was passing blood :yikes and said the staff were disinterested in the complaints piling in not just from them but many many guests .. ignoring guest complaints/issues pointed out to them re heat of food etc and said it wasnt a problem with them,guests must be picking it up from outside...what all of them :really my friend knew of 27 cases not inc theirs whilst away, this to me is of massive concern as it seems they have major issues with food, my oh manages a butchers shop so has all food/safety certificates inc advanced and knows what should be what, my question being, what can you do pre holiday?? I was reading on simson miller website that holiday companies

â– If you booked an all-inclusive holiday then your tour operator is responsible for ensuring that your hotel maintains the highest standards of food hygiene
â– If you got food poisoning on holiday at your hotel you can claim compensation for your holiday illness

any advice please, least we paid so little a roof will do but was hoping to get a little food/drink from the hotel, but not if this is the case.

so should I contact easyjet holidays re the problems they are having or is there a body in portugal who would deal with this
Make sure you see a dr if you get food poisoning symptoms either in Portugal or immediately on return to the UK.
Also if there is a rep in the resort make sure you speak to them if it is not clean/food issues
You might consider going to your doc/and or pharmacy before you leave and getting medicine to help 'in case of need'.
cheers :D , I always take loads of meds away anyway, I take more than a chemist shop :rofl inc buscopan which is great for relaxing muscles which cause tummy cramps, thing is we have all just had the nasty tummy virus a few weeks ago which is doing the rounds and its too fresh in my mind at the thought of going through that again, we always avoid certain foods on holiday anyway especially rice which is a huge bacteria carrier if not cooked/served piping hot/ or chilled correctly for cold dishes etc in the right way, its one of the worst foods to eat abroad unless you know its been 'looked after' properly.

hubby has a food thermometer which once we select food and put onto our plates we stick into centre (chicken, pork etc) and if its not a safe temp we leave it, sounds soooo fussy but, after ending up with IBS as a direct result from serious food poisoning in DR (was ill for almost 3 months) aprox 6 years ago I will never take that chance again iyswim, as we were both so ill, this time we have a lil one with us, its known to the hotel and they 'seem' to be disinterested.

I have sent an email to ASAE in portugal and also to toursit authority as Fb page say they will always look into things like this, mind you I used google translate :rofl so gawd knows what the emails actually said, but so long as they get the gyst, have also asked easyjetholidays if they are aware and if they can have a word and am going to email hotel today, sounds a right fuss, but a holiday for me is going to relax and chill and not sit and worry whether everything we eat/drink is safe and if loads have the illness, even serving spoons may carry the bacteria, for me prevention is better than cure :rofl
A very late update :whoops but just to let everyone know that my cheap holiday went without a glitch :tup , no calls, no request for more money or anything, the hotel was in a fab location and food although repetative some of it was very very good, for just under £3 each per day, a roof and loo would have sufficed lol, heard of no illnesses whilst there either-hope the lady going to Kos had no problems either, dont think easyjet will be making that mistake again :rofl .
Thanks for letting us know & please it all went smoothly :tup
thanks Glynis, I've been offline for a while and ment to update sooner, I love gleening info from this site and all to often some come into complaints in a panic and post their problem, ask for advice then never come back to update, its a bit like reading a good book then the last page is missing :duh :)
Thanks for coming back to update us.

If you have time, it would be appreciate if you could post a review of the hotel if you haven't done so already.

luci :wave
Nice one!

And it's great to hear that those "bargains" all come good in the end.
It makes everyone want to find one :cheers
Shell
Limassol, Cyprus

My blog - http:cypruslifeinpictures.wordpress.com
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.