Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
Protaras has some large pavements which in parts have trees in the middle. Most of the road would be accessable but not sure about crossing from one side to the other etc. The real problem would be going into the bars/restaurants etc as many have steps up them.

I will hunt a few pics down....

Steve
Main road between Pernera and Protaras road between Protaras and Pernera

Pavement in Pernera (about 5 minutes taxi ride from Protaras) pavements in Pernera

Less well made pavements in Pernera, which you don't see much of in Protaras as its more built up and I think its been a resort area for longer Rough pavements in Pernera

Pavement in Protaras itself, most of is is similar Protaras Pavements

A crossing in Protaras Crossing in Protaras

Shop with a ramp up to the front ramp to shop

Some places have good access and some don't China house and shop next door

Sorry I can't be more help but I usually stay in Pernera and only visit Protaras a few times

Steve
Its not fantastic to be honest.

I've been pushing my mother around in a wheelchair for the last couple of months.

Therwe are some places with good access, some with ramps but some of those very steep indeed and some places with no access at all.

Cyprus is not geared for disabled people to be honest.

The kerbs are high, the slopes are steep and most places have steps up to them.
Thanks for reply and pics. Food for thought may change destination. Have been to Cyprus a few years ago but requirements have now changed. Any ideas. Just back from Icemeler In Turkey and no problems. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.