Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
I have been to Porto Plata airport and never had any problems.A big smile and a NO gracias to the porters and no problem.Enjoy your holiday.

Diane
I've been to Puerto Plata airport a couple of times. The porters do try and grab the cases but just be poilte and say no thank you and they leave you alone. Never had any problems but do be prepared for the long queues at the check in. There is a VIP Lounge but we have never used it, the main section for departure is ok but there is not much to do.
Yes we were warned about the porters but they are so poor out there that we let them take our cases to the bus. A pound tip was all that was required and let's face it it's not going to bread the bank is it?
hey:

We go tomorrow :D I am taking 2 holdals for charity, so I am going to ask for help from the porters.

Are we allowed to tip in sterling?
We did!! Had no change on us until we got to the hotel.

Have a great time Drama queen!!
Thanks Emma, and indeed everyone else who helped :-) this year, we're not taking much hand luggage, just the essentials, so the airport may be more bearable. I'm just going to think of the hotel! Remember to smile, and be nice! I should really sleep now! Anyone else going away soon, have a great one! :pele :pele :pele
The flight got away at 11:30 anyway perfectly ontime.
lol BEfree! :lol:

And, we were 30 minutes early comming home! :shock: The airport was actually quite pleasent! No queues, as we had our visas ready. Went straight through, spoke some *very bad* spanish to the man at the x rays as there was no one else behind us and he was bored, until I entertained him with my lack of language!
Hey drama queen, did you have a good holiday, any tips or advice for me. only 110 sleeps to go. :lol:
Hey Care Bear!

Holiday was FAB! You'll love it! Plenty for the kids! Complex was super clean! I've submitted my review, I think it says it all! Any questions, let me know...

As for tips... just smile, you're on holiday, don't be miserable (I doubt you will be, but there were some very boring miserable, nasty people there, but I think it was just a coincidence, as over 99% of the people I spoke to loved it as much as I did!) When the Dominicans ask how you are, say "Excellente"
Does anyone know if you can purchase access to the VIP lounge at Puerto Plata airport on departure?

Thanks
Hi Jon,

Yes you can purchase access to the V.I.P lounge it costs $US25 and can be booked through your rep in resort.
Not used it myself as so many people have said its a total rip off, soggy ham and cheese sandwiches and crisps, not a good selection of drinks, and the lounge itself is ever so cold just like a fridge.
The main departure lounge has places to eat and drink, with far better choice.

Angie.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.