Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
We were there in November

it was still 25 degrees and still very busy with a strong mix of UK and Scandinavians with a smattering of Germans
late september is a really good time to arrive, weather will (should) still be very warm with the evenings starting to cool a little. Alot of the kids will have headed back to school so not too many running round if you look for a bit of peace and quiet. Bars still plenty busy enough so lots of good nights out there if you want. And the beaches and pools shouldnt be too busy so easy enough to get sunbeds.

Im here year round so if you have any questions feel free to ask away :cheers
NeilTheBeaver wrote:
Im here year round so if you have any questions feel free to ask away :cheers

Now I'm Jealous

Want to be in PR enjoying a pasty at Ma Bakers or driving up to the lakes to do some Carp fishing again
Neilthebeaver

Hi what will the weather be like from 8th september in puerto rico as thats when we are haeding out
you said you are there all year round you lucky thing
I just hope it will be nice and like the other person said not too crowded
will be warmer, tends to be really hot from mid june until mid october so 8th september should be fairly toastie often have mini heatwaves around late august to mid sept so you may get a couple of days in the 40s+ (last year the garden got to 51!!!!) I think most of the kids are back at school but there will still be a few a round, but generaly no probs for sunbeds etc and town is still a "nice" busy!! Where abouts are you staying? I will try to post updates on the weather through out summer so people have an idea of how its going!

Oh well of to work...... :sun2
Neilthebeaver

Thanks for the reply we are staying in the Revoli playa in Puerto Rico
glad to hear the weather will still be nice for us

Also do you know when Palmitos Park will re-open?
We are hoping it will be open when we go
thanks again :tup
Not looking good at moment for palmitos, they were decimated by the fire and maybe only about 30% of the park was left intact so they have a very big task ahead of them to try to restore the park to the point which had taken them over 25 years to get to. So i wouldnt hold out much hope for them getting reopened this summer sadly. Revoli is a great place to be stopping the proverbiale stones throw from the beach!!!
hi neil the beaver

Thanks for your reply!! been 3 years since I have been back and I love Peurto Rico/Amadorus and Anfi Bay ...We coem on the 27th September so by then I'm hoping it will not be too hectic in the bars!!!! cant wait, glad to hear we will get sunbeds ok!!! :wave:

cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.