Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Looks like I missed being lucky. Thanks anyhow Darren for the usual very fast reply.
UkBill still dry and will not change in the future.
Qatar now in one world alliance so that should open up a few opportunities for travellers from UK to the other side of the world wishing to connect in Doha.
I am a bit confused - Qatar now say on their website that the 23kg luggage allowance has now gone up to 30kg but I have just had to print new tickets out because my flight time has changed and it still says 23kg. Is it 23 or 30kg? Don't want to be done for excess luggage.
Hi I'm booked on a flight for Monday 18th from Perth to Manchester I just wondered if anyone could tell me if the armrest on the a330 actually raise and fit flush between thr seats.
I have today spoken to Qatar to confirm my luggage allowance. Apparently the new 30kg limit only applies if you booked your flight after 1 September. Because I booked in February I still get 23kg. Glad I checked now as I would have ended up paying for a lot of excess, don't mind the odd kilo but not 7.
Many thanks for that info Brenliz
Although if the September date applies I should still be OK with my upgraded loyalty card which offered 30 k.
Might remember to give them a ring tomorrow
John44 wrote:
Hi I'm booked on a flight for Monday 18th from Perth to Manchester I just wondered if anyone could tell me if the armrest on the a330 actually raise and fit flush between thr seats.

Anyone know please?
John44,

I've never flown on a QR A330 so can't say for certain, but all the other A330's I've flown on, the arm rests are movable apart from on exit rows.

Darren
Thanks Darren. I'm set to return home Monday and just wondered if they raised up fully I'm away they raise up just over half way but didn't know if there was a release switch that allowed the arm rest to go fully up between the seat backs.
John44,

I guess you'll find out on Monday! They've always moved up fully on the A330's I've flown on, and the A340 but that doesn't mean much as it depends on the seat design the airline installs.

Darren
gave Qatar a ring today to check on luggage allowance after reading earlier posts. Was told that I have 30 kgs, even though ticket says 23kgs.
Booked in March so well before the alterations. I am guessing that it is because i have a Burgundy regular flier card.
Probably so Del, this is my first flight with them.
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
John44,

I guess you'll find out on Monday! They've always moved up fully on the A330's I've flown on, and the A340 but that doesn't mean much as it depends on the seat design the airline installs.

Darren

Well they didn't fully move up just over half way!!
Qatar will fly to Edinburgh from Doha May 2014. Expected to be 5 times per week initially using 787 dreamliner equipment. This could be seen as an interesting competition for the Emirates flights from Glasgow linking the world via Dubai...
As someone who lives in the cold frozen North of the UK - near the north pole (ie Scotland),
I’m fairly used to being ripped off by airlines and tour operators. However I’ve just spotted what appears to me to be an amazing bargain.
As previously posted, Qatar are to start flying from Edinburgh soon. They are offering some great introductory fares to the Far East.
I’m interested in going to Sri Lanka again – and I’ve just found a return fare of only 494 pounds from Edinburgh to Colombo, in June. And just 90 minute transit times in Doha.
AND – for flight geeks like me – flying on a Qatar 787 Dreamliner from Edinburgh!
just check the return transit time before booking
For those of you who fly Qatar as from tomorrow 27th May Qatar Airways will operate in/out of the new airport here in Doha.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.