Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Anyone traveling to Doha or transiting through Doha please note there is a new arrivals hall,you will get a colour coded card at your Departure airport ie Manchester,Heathrow,Goa ect please check and follow the system.

http://www.qatarairways.com/qa/en/arrival-transfer-guide.html?iid=QA6145356
Any Suggestions

4 of us flying to Goa via Doa in 3 weeks with Qatar, can anyone reccommend what meals to have on flight. As one doesn't like salads,and spicey food doesn't like another.

Thanks
The Preacher
Anyone traveling to Doha or transiting through Doha please note there is a new arrivals hall,you will get a colour coded card at your Departure airport ie Manchester,Heathrow,Goa ect please check and follow the system
if color cards are given is it worth checking in online or just check in as normal
Good question as i haven't checked in online since the change i assume that when you print your boarding card it will come back colour coded.
tried to do my api on qatars website but it wont go through will this be a problem whilst checking in
To be honest i have never done it when flying out of Qatar so i cannot answer your question however if you are worried call the Qatar Airways office in either London or Manchester and check with them they will advise you.
Just to try I have been on Qatar Airways web site and the API is working.I went to Qatar Airways .com and MY BOOKING.And put the details in for my flight to Manchester on the 3rd of March.
Any Suggestions

4 of us flying to Goa via Doa in 3 weeks with Qatar, can anyone reccommend what meals to have on flight. As one doesn't like salads,and spicey food doesn't like another.

Thanks
The Preacher

Unless you specifically ask for a certain menu in advance ( there are loads to choose from) when you book you will be offered the standard menu which usually includes a small salad type starter ( as do all the choices I would think) . The main meal is not likely to be spicy unless you have ordered a non standard menu. The meal is quite substantial and enough to satisfy most , with or without the salad !

Another tip at check in, have a look at your seat allocation. Although we got the ones we reserved on the first leg, we didn't notice until we got to Doha that we hadn't on the second leg and we were seated apart . Luckily we managed to get them changed despite the flight being full.
Can anyone tell me if you have 30kg luggage allowance do you have to use two cases because of the 23kg per case rule that we had with jet last year.

Thanks

Sharon
yorkie10,

Are you in business class? The maximum bag size accepted is 32kg.

Darren
Hi

No we're in economy unfortunatly, but i wasn't sure if 30kg in one case was allowed under the health and safety weight rules

Sharon
:wave: We got our e ticket today and it says 20kg also economy.
:wave: Hi preacher, are you on the qatar flight on sun 13 feb ?
lizzley

No....We are on the 8-55am flight, Friday 11/2/11. We booked our flights through Hoodaki travel, and our luggage allowance is 23kg,s + 7kg,s hand luggage.

May see you at one of the meets. If not have a good-un. :cheers

The Preacher
:cheers were on the 8.55 am 13 feb, if we dont see you have a great time :sun2
lizzley

We will certainly try, we are staying in Candolim 4 of us, but only the wife, and myself will be wearing H/T wristbands.
Where are you staying??

Will you be going to any of the meets????? I believe the coffee is quite good. :cheers :cheers
The countdown as begun. :fly :fly

The Preacher
preacher :cheers staying up by the kingfisher villas prob will get to meet at some point,
16 sleeps :fly :sun2
Dazbo

Could you help me with a query I have regarding luggage, I have booked my flight through Hoodaki and was told my luggae allowance was 23 kgs. What I would like to know is, would i be allowed to take more than one hold case, as long as i don't exceed the 23 kgs

Thanks
The Preacher
The Preacher,

Passengers in economy are only normally permitted one piece of hold luggage up to 23kg. Details are on Qatari's website. I would ask them if they permit two pieces up to 23kg. A single piece is easier than 2 anyway!

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.