Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
The Doha to Goa route is an Airbus A321. The seating is 3-3.
I'm sure Qatarman has more experience of flying the route from Doha to the UK than me but personally I wouldn't sit too near the back in an isle seat as you are likely to spend much of the journey with someones backside (or worse!) in your face as they que for the loo.
If you do have a quick transit time, keep to the left as you enter the terminal and head for the priority express lane to clear security . They issued cards on our first couple of trips but that seemed to have stopped last time. You have to make yourself known if you are pushed for time. I think they classify quick as less than 45 minutes.
Last time we went through the crowds were pretty big. Qatar Airways have expanded so quickly the airport is starting to stuggle with the numbers but they do a pretty good job and the terminal is very pleasant. Expansion plans are already under way.
DaveWales
I know what you mean about crowds i came in from Dubai 2 days ago 1st Class and it took me 45mins to clear immigration and i was Fast Track.The airport is too small for the volume of traffic and the new airport is at least 3years away they are building 12 new departure gate in the existing airport.
I thought about you when I heard the news this morning Qatarman !
Thank you really bad but thats the state of the world at the moment,it wont stop me flying going to Dubai on Thursday Qatar Airways.
and found flights with Qatar via Doha

The flight to Goa was on an Airbus a321 which was comfortable but lacked inflight entertainment. Never mind, had the kindle with me. Service was excellent as usual and unlike to leg to Doha, they served alcoholic beverages to anyone who wanted one.

We are flying from Manchester with Qatar, does anyone know if alcoholic beverages are served on the fist leg to Doa.
I was under the impression you could get alcoholic drinks free of charge.

Regards
The Preacher
Preacher,

All drinks are complimentory (not quite free as they're part of the price).

Darren
fill yer boots all drinks free we are there again in feb :cheers :cheers
Flew home yesterday and there were only about 50 people on the plane !
I had three G&T's over the 7 hours but didn't feel the need for any more. On the way I had 2 bottles of wine ( the little ones !) plus a brandy after dinner. If you want anything just ask and you will receive ! Very pleasant flights.
Thinking of checking in online,and printing boarding cards for our flights to Goa with Qatar in Feb.

Does anyone know if i am likely to encounter any problems.

And is there a special checkin desk.

Thanks
The Preacher
we travelled last year with qatar and we are useing them again this year even with the on line check in you still have to que because everyone checks in online aswell :cheers :cheers
The Preacher,

You shouldn't have any problems checking in online, it's fairly straight forward. However, if you're taking hold luggage with you, this still needs to be checked in at the assigned desk so its not really a time saver. The big advantage is if you're hand luggage only, or for seat selection. With lots of passengers using online checkin, the queues for luggage are often as long as regular check-in.

Darren
Thanks for your quick replies.

Just one more thing, how long before flight do the check in desks open.

Thanks
We are on Man-Doha-Goa flight 23/1/11 and have been allocated seats on rows 27 and 23 on the outbound flights, do the seats recline?
Also if you want to request emergency exit seats when is it best to do this at the airport or online? Thankyou
bluemoon,

Yes, these seats recline. If you want to request an exit row, I would do this sooner rather than later. Bear in mind privilege card holders will generally have priority over them.

Darren
Thanks Dazbo I was told by Qatar that you can't book exit seats?? and we are privelege card holders. Maybe the young lady on the phone was having a bad day. :think
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.