Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
think you may be a bit late regarding qatar flights,as they are quite expensive now compared to a couple of months ago,but we go on a wednesday 9am flight
I don't know if you can book that far ahead can you ? Try looking at their web site, that has all the details you need but I would consider booking through Southall Travel to get extra luggage allowance.
I have worked in Qatar 12yrs and travel to Dubai maybe once a month and I have never been on a Qatar Airways flight that has pushed back on time average is 30mins late on push back,however I cannot say this will happen to your flight.

Qatarman, are you suggesting they are always 30 minutes late on departure ?!!
Thanks Dave

Qatar's customer service has proved excellent so far. They have just rang to remind me to make sure I have the credit card we paid for the tickets with us and to query our meal choice. We had chosen Hindu as it looked the most suitable, not realising the meal choice you are given are the opt out ones. :duh If you leave it blank you automatically get the choice of standard menus.
Hi; i am travelling in business class from Melbourne to UK via Doha with Qatar airways with my 3 years old daughter. I've prebooked my seats,, flying from Mel to Doha in 200LR booked seats 5 A & b are these any good? Also pre booked seats from Doha to Heathrow on 300 -200 seats 10 a and B are these recommended?
Do you know if you can book online at Melbourne if so what do you with your luggage? What airport lounge will Qatar use at Tullamarine airport? I am correct in saying that Qatar airways use servisair lounge at Heathrow terminal 3....i really hope not.
This is a new service starting Dec 09 from Mel to Doha. Reading from the website it looks a good class of airline (usually fly emirates business) are they better than emirates? What is it really like onboard flying business with Qatar?
Having only flown to Dubai on a 200L I cannot comment on the seating just that to me the Buisness Class seats are not as comfortable as the Buisness Class seats on the Aurbus 330-200/300.
The last time I flew out of Heathrow with Qatar they were using the United Airlines Lounge near Gate 12 for Buisness Class.As for seats 10A/10B this depends on the configeration of the A330-200 you are on but they could be the Bulk Head Seats,they have the same legroom as all the seats on Qatar Buisness Class.As for the Airline I feel that service has dropped a litte from 2yrs ago but they are still a 5* Airline.
Dave wales,
I am not suggesting anything just stating a fact,the problem with Doha is there is only 1 runway and as it is Qatar Airways hub it can get congested at certain times of day/ night/early morning.They still close checkin 45mins prior to take off.
Thanks for the info...the 200LR has flat business class seats rather than lie flat seats so i was hoping these would be more comfortable, mmm thats not great to hear being the longest leg of my journey...just checked the Qatar website and they are currently using Servisair due to changes at Terminal 5
From your experience, can you please advise if 45 min turnaround is enough time to change flights...fly from LHR at 15:00 and land in Doha at 11:55pm to get a connecting flight to Mel at 00:45!
Any experience with the airline when flying with Children, i.e meals etc..

Many thanks!
As I dont fly on from Doha I dont have any information on turn round time only to say again Qatar Airways are accepting the booking so they must feel its enough time,I would try and get your onward boarding cards in Melbourne.
As for travelling with kids sorry mine are all married,but Qatar as I have noted are very good with Children.Best I can do sorry.
Hi liveinoz & qatarman,

I have been on a few forums and they say the new 777-200LR seats are far better than the 200-300 as the 777 has the flat bed and the 200-300 is not totally flat, I am the same as you liveinoz I normally fly Emirates business and this is my first time with Qatar and qatarman has been quite helpful, I am also flying to Melbourne on the 22/12/09 so I am hoping the longer leg will be more comfortable fingers crossed.

What I have found out yesterday which is disappointing is that you have to pay extra to take your golf club's with you all the other times I have flown with Emirates it has been free of charge.

Livelinoz if you do fly before me could you please give me a update of what your experience was like.

Many thanks.
:)
Thanks for your helpful reply..I am flying from Melbourne to the UK but not until next year so it would be great to get some feedback from you on your experience. Can you let me know which lounge they use in Melbourne, nothing has been posted on the website. It would also be helpful if you were able to check in online from Melbourne.

looking at the emirates flight, they were using old aircraft to Melbourne from Dubai and vice versa with just the cradle seats, not even angled lie flat and they were more expensive than Qatar...its looks like emirates need to start upgrading their business class or start using A380 to Melbourne to entice me back.

Hope you have a great flight!
Hi liveinoz

Will let you know what it was like when I get back in Jan 2010, I sent a email to the airline about my golf clubs and they are going to waver the charge :tup

It sounds like Qatar is a better deal than Emirates from Melbourne, looking forward to getting home for Xmas and the New Year and will take in the boxing day test go aussies :cheers
hi can any one help please,we have friends leaving on a qatar flight quite soon,they seem to think that they can`t take any alcohol that they would have purchased at duty free heathrow,through doha,is this correct
thanks Deb
Can some one put my on the right track when i booked my flight with southall travel(qatar flight) i booked the seat numbers+meals at the same time,so 72 hrs before i fly i presume i need to book online will i still get the same seats+meals or will i need to book them again?
The airline does not guarantee your seat booking and this can change. I have had my seat requests 'confirmed' by my travel agent but this only means that the airline are aware of my request and its likely I will get the seats I requested, but nothing is guaranteed I'm afraid.
Hi bfletty;

Looking forward to your review and enjoy the cricket! Nothing better than a VB watching the cricket at the MCG in the sunshine! :sun2

Good news about the wavering of your golf clubs :D
debs16,
Yes it is true they will not be allowed to take any alcohol through transfers,however they can buy alcohol at the duty free in Doha Int Airport it will be sealed and MUST not be opened untill arrival or after takeoff.If they are clearing Immigration and staying in Qatar NO alcohol can be brought into the country.
Sleep-r-us,
Qatar Airways will try to give you the requested seat numbers however if they change Aircraft then you will be reallocated.
Hi qatarman

Am I better buying duty free alcohol at Manchester or Doha what is cheaper? Remembering I am flying onwards to Australia.

Cheers again.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.