Spain - Canary Islands - Gran Canaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Gran Canaria.
1] Is there more than one comercial centre? - Yes there are two commercial centres in Puerto Rico
2] Is the night life lively in may, and it is geared towards familys/adults or both? You'll find night life in Gran Canaria all year around and its aimed at both families and adults.
3] Just how far away is Puerto Rico from Amadores? Not far distance wise but its on top of a cliff so its a fair old walk up hill, a taxi is 4 euros tops.
4] Is there night life in Amadores? Mainly restaurants as far as I know.
5] I have heard that the resturant Oscare del puerto is very very good is this true? Don't know

6] Are there plenty of ATM's? Plenty in Puerto Rico not sure about Amadores.
7] Can anyone personally recoomed a good car hire company and a guide to prices? Not sure, sorry.
Hi,
I have been holidaying in Puerto Rico for the last 12 years or so and thoroughly enjoy every minute I am there.As for your questions then here are my replies :-
1] There are actually 4 Commrecial centres ie,Main commercial centre,Europa,Passarella and Aqua La Perra.
2]Depends.PR is definately geared towards both families and couples and you have so much choice that you are in fact spoiled for choice as far as nightlife goes.
3]You can take the coastal path from PR beach that takes approx. 15 mins.
4] Yes it is mainly restaurants but most folk go into PR at night.
5] Yes.Log on to http://www.canaryforum.com to read more about this restaurant.
6] Yes but again mainly in PR.
7] There are lots but I mainly deal with a company who deals out of the Terraza mar and they are very competitive.You will find most companies prices are much the same.As a guide I normally rent an Air conditioned car for 2 days for approx. 70 euros all in.Hope this helps.If you require any more info just ask.
Hi i just wanted to say thank you for answering ky questions, really appreciated espically as the board seems a little quiet right now! :D
Hi, just to add my tuppence worth!

IMO the Europa Comm Centre at the top of PR is smaller and far more family orientated than the main commercial centre down the bottom. There are two ATM's in the Europa that I know of and a few more down the bottom centre.

I think your hotel runs a shuttle bus down to Amadores and back. The coastal walk to and from PR to Amodores is lovely, sometimes you can feed the lizards along the way if your lucky enough to see them.
There are some lovely places to eat at Amadores but very low key on an evening. The beach at Amadores is manmade and is very rough on the feet but gives you a lovely pedicure!!

Don't know about the restaurant you mentioned but do try BISTRO FRERE up at the EUROPA CENTRE for lovely freshly cooked food.

Hope this helps :)
there are several cashpoints in the main shopping centre, also highly recommend eating at Balcon Canario in there as well. for a chilled out beer try Charlies Bar down on the front.
1] Is there more than one comercial centre?
There are at least three commercial centres. CC Olas in Barranco Agua de la Perro is small but has some very good restaurants and a Netto supermarket

2] Is the night life lively in may, and it is geared towards familys/adults or both?
May can be quieter than other times of the year. Some restaurants are closed as their owners take holidays

3] Just how far away is Puerto Rico from Amadores?

4] Is there night life in Amadores?

5] I have heard that the resturant Oscare del puerto is very very good is this true?
Oscars is very good. Usually best to book, especially at weekends. A cut above the rest

6] Are there plenty of ATM's?

7] Can anyone personally recoomed a good car hire company and a guide to prices?
Several available at the airport. We prefer to get ours there. Google for DoYou Spain, Email-Car-Hire, AutoReisen, Record & LowCost car. All give good prices
  • Edited by Fenman 2008-02-22 17:58:17
Are there plenty of ATM's?

Loads everywhere even inside shops

7] Can anyone personally recoomed a good car hire company and a guide to prices?

WHY?
a taxi from the beach to Europa centre is 3€
buses are so easy to get
and from PR there are Ferries to the other local places at around 10€ each

I drive around Europe most summers and wouldn't really like to drive in GC
:que

WHY?
a taxi from the beach to Europa centre is 3€
buses are so easy to get
and from PR there are Ferries to the other local places at around 10€ each

I drive around Europe most summers and wouldn't really like to drive in GC
:think Well madcaravaner sometimes you cannot explore your destination by these forms of transport and its nicer, quicker, and quieter to rent your own veichle....We like to venture a little further than 'local' too. Having clicked on your link enough said! :yikes

Well Madcaravanner sometimes you cannot explore your destination by these forms of transport and its nicer, quicker, and quieter to rent your own veichle....We like to venture a little further than 'local' too. Having clicked on your link enough said!

Point taken but I found drivers there even more scary than me
and the us or boats went to all parts of the island cheaper than the tours
plus for me the hardest bit was not being able to get around due to an increasingly worsening heart condition which has stabilised for now Thank Gaia
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.