General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
I do fiona . I've earnt almost £700 with them over the last 18 months. £180 alone back from our booking with direct holidays
yes ive used them quite a lot, i saved £50 off my disneyland hotel last week, i also use topcashback
Hi :)
I've got £48 back from my holiday with topcashback :)
Will also be doing all my holiday clothes shopping online with new look, as you get 8% off with this website! 5% with dorothy perkins! Only what I'd be buying anyway! :tup
I've just edited the title to include topcashback. Have to admit I've never looked at it.
ive used a few other cashback sites too,that arent as good and take ages to get your cashback, both these sites seem to be reliable and ive always so far got my cashback, despite having to put in a few claims, even get cashback on ebay goods lol. ive booked my flights to turkey with flythomascook and got some cashback, booked lykia world with monarch and got 5% and same with alpharooms . last year i got £120 cashback on my car insurance, so definitely worth using them. i always use them for cds, boden,debenhams etc too
we have decided that any money we get back will go towards holidays. Its a great way of saving.
Still waiting for 130 pounds from quidco for our holiday to florida with Direct holidays taken in August 2008 (booked October 2007) its been added to my account but still waiting. This years holiday with Thomsons was declind as no record of booking even thought I informed them of booking reference numbers and dates of deposit payments.
Always have used quidco so going to try topcashback as well. Already earned over £200 this year. Hotelopia give me 12% but think its down to 10% on accommodation and even Thomson Hotels give 5%. Mine goes on holiday spends as well. Karen
I have all mine paid into a seperate savings account fiona which I then use for booking at least 1 weekend break each year . Makes it all worthwhile :). The cashback from my american express card then pays for a 2nd one
yes ive also got an easy jet credit card that i use a lot now and pay off quickly and i get quite a lot off easy jet flights, got £60 off my dalaman flights and £45 or my istanbul flights recently, all these little cashbacks etc mount up for more hols :rofl :rofl :rofl
now using credit cards for money back/miles is probably worth another thread on its own. My holidays are often thanks to Amex, Tesco mastercard, moneyback sites, tesco and sometimes actually even getting airmiles through flying :D
I joined quidco in October 2006 and have received over £800 cashback since then. The most cashback I received for one transaction was £130 for a £162 car insurance policy in 2007 but those sort of amounts are not available these days as quite a few of the insurance companies on quidco's books back then are no longer with them or have reduced the amount of cashback. I also remember paying less than £1 for a year's home insurance after deducting the cashback I received for it. Those were the days!
  • Edited by Robbo11 2009-03-22 21:34:17
:yikes That was good. I wonder how they ever managed to get you that much cashback?
I think re these sites its just a case of remembering about them. Small amounts soon add up.
Have used quidco for the last three hotel bookings. Saved just over £100 with a hotelopia booking and about £10 each laterooms booking.

Every little helps.....and can definitely save a good amount on your annual jaunt....
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.