EX-Pats and Owners Abroad

Discussions for EX-Pats and owners abroad or those who are considering this idea.
I'd check that offer out carefully first .... could be linked to shares and so capital not guaranteed.
I've had many unsuitable products offered to me by various Spanish banks ... the branches earn high commissions on their sale.
It doesn't seem to have any small print but who knows in this country. Worth checking out though.
We have this Stering bank account with SolBank, in addition to our euro account (You can't have the sterling one without the other). Yes, it's a good deal, and no hidden surprises. It was also free to set up, and has no charges (as long as you stay in credit obviously).
We've found SolBank to be absolutely perfect for us - and especially the chappies in our branch in Playa Blanca. Highly recommended.
As I understand it is only for "new money, that is you cannot transfer funds from one Solbank account into this one. Also it has to be sterling.

Unless you have loads of dosh, doesn't seem to me to be worth doing when you have to move the money elsewhere after 3 months.

Alan
Hi Alan.
I transferred an amount of money from my Sterling Solbank account into my Euro Solbank account today. No problems at all. Not sure about doing it in the other direction though - time will tell, I guess. We originally funded it by transferring sterling from our UK account... and continue to supplement it from Clients.
We have both because we are differentiating between our English & US Clients and our Spanish ones. We don't NEED to have both accounts, but it makes it easier for our Clients. Oh, and we have also been picking our times for good exchange rates, rather than taking the one on offer from the bank. When you're transferring large amounts... that extra 60 or 70 euros starts to add up.;)
The 3 months doesn't apply to ours... so maybe I'm talking about something slightly different? Sorry if I've confused anyone. :oops:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.