Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
might find it too quiet , or at least the children will.

Its the end of season then , so most of the low key places will be REALLY dying off , I would reccomend then the bigger places UNLESS you really want total tranquility.

If you are after REALLY quiet at that time try cabanas , or more specificaly cabanas park , indoor pool , tennis and five a side courts for the little ones.

If you havent already booked and want to rent a villa I can reccomend someone with one on the cabanas park , and has the added benefit of sat tv....just incase it rains , which it can in oct.

The cheap flights still run , and apt rental is cheap enough...just ask.
thanks will have a look later, we do like peace and quiet, away from all the bars and clubs, we do like nice restaurants that we can sit and watch the world go by, children permitting! again thanks for your help
We stayed at the Mirachoro Praia Hotel Carvoeiro at the end of September last year, the hotel is on the edge of the town and only opened a couple of years ago, the town wasn't to busy at this time and there are plenty of bars and restaurants nearby
Try Lagos. Beautiful quaint town with lots to offer for a newly married couple.

Have fun!
sorry, thought you wanted to know a quiet town.

We stayed at this oceanview room in Lagos. http://www.algarvehoneymoon.com/suites last summer and it was wonderful.
Hi Tina Ive just been into the website for algarve honeymoons where you stayed, it looks excellent, even though I am anciently married and no intentions of doin it again I will sure recommend this site to anyone I know who takes the plunge if they require lagos as a resort to stay. Cheers Jayjan
jayjan, we enjoyed it alot. It was our first foray into the Algarve and it added to the great experience. We love Lagos!
Hi, we have just been to Praia da Luz and it was lovely, we hope to go back for some better weather though as Christmas this year was cold. We booked a private villa right by the beach via owners direct for a very reasonable rate and organised car hire ourselves and got cheap flights to Faro, picked the car up at the airport and sorted ourselves - saved a packet. Small villa with private heated pool and secure walled garden, little cafes/restaurants on doorstep, shop up the road and beach near enough for the kids to walk to in s/suits (ours are 7 and 12)......if you want to send me a pm feel free. Ours was 2 bedroom but the lady has 2 other bigger ones as well.....good luck.

ps we travelled slowly back to the airport via all the busier places and were so glad we'd gone to quieter place....liked Lagos too but that was as busy as we wanted!!
hi gettinaway
Glad you liked Luz. I thought you would as we had a great time there when our chilldren were a similar age to yours. Only difference was we went in the summer and stayed at the waterside village/ocean club. Did you use the pool there only I remember you asking a question on pools?Keep meaning to go back but now they are older will probably have to stay in Lagos. :D
thanks everyone for all help and suggestions. Im now busy looking at hotels/apartments in areas suggested .cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.