Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I am not sure how you would stand on this however, I would certainly complain about it. You didnt get what was advertised!

As a matter of interest did you complain whilst in resort ?

Kath HT Admin
Hi Kath
No we didn't complain in resort. In retrospect I know we should have but my husband wasn't very taken with the rep. She was young (aren't they all?) and often came round the pool to speak to the group concernced but ignored everyone else. I think she liked having guests her own age as opposed to us oldies. :wink:
maybe they were couples
Unfortunately, by not complaining while in resort you will have weakened any complaint you make now considerably...the first thing the TO will think will be "It can't have been that bad if they didn't complain straight away"

I am not defending the TO, but really the age of the rep shouldn't have put you off voicing your concerns - and if she was quite 'matey' with the trouble makers, if you had said something to her, she might have been in a good position to ask them to tone their behavour down...

Good luck anyway, and keep us informed of your progress 8)
You should have complained whilst in resort.
If I were you I'd make your complaint but as other's have said the fact you didn't complain in resort may go against you.

Good luck!
Holiday companies can use any hotel available to them for AOL.
It is their way of filling empty rooms.

I dont think you have any grounds for complaints as you never said anything at the time.

Just my view.
I have to agree with kmba. It is the risk that comes with AOA. By complaining in resort you would have strenghned your complaint but I doubt it would be succesful. Good luck anyway x
It is the risk that comes with AOA

It is a risk if you book AOA but if you don't book AOA and book your holiday months in advance carefully choosing your accommodation and your holiday company then puts 8 youngsters who have booked AOA last minute then it isn't fair. I do agree that by not complaining in resort you have weakened your case greatly, but worth registering your disapproval.
Thanks for the replies. I have decided to write a letter to them anyway. We didn't find out until near the end how much they were annoying the other guests as well.
It is a risk if you book AOA but if you don't book AOA and book your holiday months in advance carefully choosing your accommodation and your holiday company then puts 8 youngsters who have booked AOA last minute then it isn't fair.

But do we know the youngsters booked AOA? We can not go around saying "your a young couple, you can not stay here" No one delares their age when booking or fills in a questinairre about there wants.
Sorry, They did book AOA :roll: Having a slow day
Hi AOA are excactly what they say. you where told it was a relaxing place and good for families you have answered your own complaint by saying that you got that for 5 days. how did you know that the other guest who you say where loud and in your face arrive wanting a relaxing holiday but got a bit carried away? its not the Tour operators fault that you wanted more than you paid for. If you want to guarentee a better holiday then book in advance and dont wait till the last minuete and book a AOA.

I am a Legal Proffesional and as soon as you book AOA you dont have a leg to stand on.. unless there was something wrong with the accomodation and it did not meet the standard that you where told.
Lawyer, on reading the original post, it seems to me that it was the newcomers who were AOA, not Macca - they were sold a holiday on the basis of a quiet, restful hotel, which they only got for part of their stay.
They didn't book AOA, the people who arrived and caused havoc for the rest of their stay were the ones who booked AOA.

There is nothing that can be done about it, complaints should have been made in resort but I can completely understand that this has ruined the holiday for them. The tour operator should take more notice about which holidaymakers they place where when they are doing AOA - they have the information on the party after all and could at least have the sense to place people in what they think might best suit them, rather than what seems to have been the case here and just blithely plonked these rowdy young guests in the first hotel with vacancies that appeared magically on their computer screens.
Lawyer
Before you post messages you really ought to read the post you are answering.
I am a Legal Proffesional

Lawyer - hmmm... that's interesting - a legal professional who can't spell professional.

Avrill
Doesn't read the posts properly, poor spelling and bad grammar (on another thread) - mmm
Lawyer seems to have got off to a quick start on the board with his negative and poorly thought out replies - a "legal proffesional"??? I think not. Not someone I would want to be looking after my interests if his spelling and grammar are anything to go on. Hope anyone with a real problem gets real advice from Ros.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.